Soldiers and Firearms in Public

Keep it with you at all times unless being stored in a secure armoury? A locked vehicle does not constitue a secrue armoury!

Next time I see some walt dressed as a policmen, walking around a major city with, what looks like, a weapon I will have to ring 999...or is it that new Non-Emergency number..so confused...

When I worked with the ---Buneswehr their SOPs where to carry the weapon with them into eg. shops - and the magazine would always be on...

hurryupandwait said:
What about the Capt who left the 9mm in Sainsburys? Media had a field day on that one.
Look, plain and simple, do not take wpns into public areas unless it is part of you duty (and, no, going for a Whopper isn't included). You are British military personnel, not part of some African militia. Have some pride in our Values and Standards and screw the nut.
erm...she was on duty, on a training ex...as has been mentioned on here oft times before, not all exercises involve dressing up as a tree on salisbury plain...nuff said....

needless to say, the lovely captain nearly undid about 20 yrs of good work between the army and local rozzers...bless her.

goon_bde said:
hurryupandwait said:
What about the Capt who left the 9mm in Sainsburys? Media had a field day on that one.
Look, plain and simple, do not take wpns into public areas unless it is part of you duty (and, no, going for a Whopper isn't included). You are British military personnel, not part of some African militia. Have some pride in our Values and Standards and screw the nut.
erm...she was on duty, on a training ex...as has been mentioned on here oft times before, not all exercises involve dressing up as a tree on salisbury plain...nuff said....

needless to say, the lovely captain nearly undid about 20 yrs of good work between the army and local rozzers...bless her.
Oh well, at least she proved what I already knew - never trust an orificer with a gat :lol:

Biff (apt name), cheers for that. Don't know what the gospel is on that one. All I know is that, from my point of view, working at Bde level and having seen plenty of incidents where fellas have been reported by Joe Public to the local Plod (just as Awol points out) for walking around the local Tescos tooled up to the nines, it's just best to keep them out of the limelight altogether.

The blokes know they shouldn't go into places like supermarkets, McDs etc with weapons. It's as simple as that.

AF1771 said:
Keep it with you at all times unless being stored in a secure armoury? A locked vehicle does not constitue a secrue armoury!

Next time I see some walt dressed as a policmen, walking around a major city with, what looks like, a weapon I will have to ring 999...or is it that new Non-Emergency number..so confused...
Doing it by the book results in one answer, don't stop at Maccy D's! That way civvies aren't going to see the weapon and you won't have to leave it with one guy. Of course tey telling that to the lads. 'Sorry we can't stop for a pee, you have to hold onto your rifle all the time but the civs may call the fuzz if you do.'

The public should get a grip! (was probably an anti army hippy type cnut) Back in WW2 old men walked the streets with rifles powerful enough to punch through brick walls.

The armed police in question were probably bored, done nothing all week, suddenly a call comes in of a guy dressed as a bush with a gun standing in the que at BK. What are you going to do? Say no it's probably army, or make a big deal out of it?