Soldier turned away from petrol station

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by bossyboots, Oct 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In todays Sun.

Speechless :x
  2. I know its illegal to sell alcohol to coppers in uniform, but surely not to soldiers?
  3. That's outrageous! That stations 10 mins from where I live too.
  4. Lets hope as many serving colleagues as possible make a point of visiting the Wisley South Connect station on the A3 near Guildford, in uniform, on a regular basis from now on?
  5. careful you don't accidently drop your zippo , next time you visit Smudge
  6. Then do me a favour and pop round and 're-educate' that individual.
  7. Tempting, problem is the whole A3 will be closed for days and I don't want the soot falling in my garden, so make sure the winds are southern :wink:
  8. Anyone got a map? Convoy visit would be good - half a litre for each vehicle just to make sure you're well topped up.

Well done BP -condemn, apologise and retrain. To sack immediately would have been racist of course
  9. How about nobody ever goes there again. place gets shut down and sh1tlips has to find another job.

Not easy when you have the "tosspot" branded on your forehead.
  10. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

This is not unheard of. The Tesco Metro near to my TAC has invoked the same rule, based on the belief that the laws applying to Police also applied to the military.

One of the blokes works for Tesco, raised the matter at work, and the problem went away.

Sorry not to jump on the "stone him" bandwaggon, but there a very real possibility that a genuine error is being used for political means.
  11. Sadly there is a bit of an anti-forces feeling in certain establishments due to personnel.

Recently I have had to apply to Royal Mail for a refund of parcel costs to a sandpit after being charged when it should have been free. The reason? The attendant each time begrudgingly handles the parcel and barely disguises her opinions. Complaints have been politely made and noted. Yet, on our street a Kurdish guy who we've barely spoken to but is aware of my family member's work and location always asks after him and more than once has thanked us for him and his work.

Frankly I think there needs to be a greater sense of respect built up by encouraging servicemen and women to wear their uniforms more so that people realise just how many people are serving. Also, those who abuse servicemen and women should face the same punishment as any other discriminatory action. It would also help if national and local newspapers carried more articles about when troops are returning so civvies can turn out and show some respect.

There are a great many who do respect the forces and such behaviour should be encouraged.

Just my tuppence.
  12. Did BP make said employee write an appology to the officer in question ???
  13. I wonder if the re-training of the staff is using such tried and tested methods such as "The Big Stick" approach.

Without taking The Sun's opinion to heart, could it have been a simple "He is in uniform, can't serve him alcohol" and the Office blew up because of that?
  14. I'm sick to death of our forces getting a raw deal.

A chav gets pregnant and the goverment can't do enough to help, house, healthcare, you name it, they get it.

A serviceman/woman comes home from a war zone and gets absolutely bugger all but abuse.

Sorry you had your legs blown off mate, but you will have to join the queue because this junkie needs help first.

Sorry your homeless after serving our country, but this pregnant chav needs a house first, so join the queue.

Sorry your missus and kids are being terrorised, but we're too busy playing with our speed camera to attend mate. Here's your crime number.

Makes my flaming blood boil :x

If the assistant was unsure about serving then he shouldn't have been doing the job to begin with. It was nothing to do with guidelines and everything to do with 'soldierism' in my opinion. He should have been sacked....after HE apologised IN person to the soldier in question.
  15. I must admit I am finding it hard to swallow the "I didn't know I was allowed to serve him while in his uniform" excuse.

Surely he had training before he started the job?

It's not like he's never seen/served a soldier in uniform before, the Hants/Surrey border is crawling with them