• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Soldier to Barber

I volunteered for Tranche 3 and got it. Now I'm both excited and scared.

I have a Level 2 barber course lined up and I intend to open my own barbershop.

I would be most grateful if the blokes amongst you could take the time to fill in this questionnaire which will form part of my business plan. Phil's Barber Shop Survey

There are only ten multiple-guess questions, so it won't take long.

Many thanks in advance.

I would be most grateful if the blokes amongst you could take the time to fill in this questionnaire which will form part of my business plan. Phil's Barber Shop Survey

Many thanks in advance.
Done and dusted.

Many thanks in advance.

you're an idiot. You have a double negative question. Question 8.

but done all the same best of luck.

Done, although to be honest I haven`t used a barber for years. My hair is getting less so a simple no.1 every couple of months suffices.
When I was younger and had hair, I always got the impression that barbers faffed about a lot to try and justify the fee. What would`ve taken me less than ten minutes with a shaver used to take them half an hour. When the object is to remove excess hair, I would`ve been quite happy to pay the three quid and been out in 30 seconds, if they could complete the job in that time.

Attractive female staff is a must. Music: no boybands, drum n bass, RnB, or cheesy shit.

Last barber I used was G Scotts, just by the High Level Bridge in Newcastle. A proper bloke's place. Nowadays, with the dyes and bleaches and Punk Rock abuse my hair has taken over the years, my locks are no more. I just give mine the once over with my own shears, no guard.

I'd love to get a proper wet shave with a straight razor, and hot towels one day though.

Done, and good luck. BTW I slated games console on the survey as it will only encourage the young hoi polloi. And definitely no women. The barbershop should be one of the last bastions of male society. They shouldn't sit there taking up space waiting for their man to have his hair cut and passing the occasional comment upon which they are not qualified to pass opinion, they definitely shouldn't be taking up a slot for 2 hours fannying around with perms, dyes, and all that other boll*cks.

The business model you want is in, brew, talk shoite, number 1 back and sides, maybe a cutthroat razor now and again, and Dear Deidre while you're waiting.

Done and good luck.

I agree with the previous comment about the fit female colleagues. My barber is one guy and 3 women; it may be shallow but it works for a large part of the target client base.

I think tea of coffee is a good idea (my current place provides that) but I wouldn't bother with alcohol - expensive, may have legal implications (licensing?) and unnecessary.

Latest Threads