Soldier to Barber

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by philarmy, Jun 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I volunteered for Tranche 3 and got it. Now I'm both excited and scared.

I have a Level 2 barber course lined up and I intend to open my own barbershop.

I would be most grateful if the blokes amongst you could take the time to fill in this questionnaire which will form part of my business plan. Phil's Barber Shop Survey

There are only ten multiple-guess questions, so it won't take long.

Many thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Done and dusted.

3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

you're an idiot. You have a double negative question. Question 8.

but done all the same best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Done, although to be honest I haven`t used a barber for years. My hair is getting less so a simple no.1 every couple of months suffices.
    When I was younger and had hair, I always got the impression that barbers faffed about a lot to try and justify the fee. What would`ve taken me less than ten minutes with a shaver used to take them half an hour. When the object is to remove excess hair, I would`ve been quite happy to pay the three quid and been out in 30 seconds, if they could complete the job in that time.

5. Done. Good luck mate.

6. Done with pleasure mate. All the best with it all.

7. Done, best of British mate.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Done.hope you have some decent crack:)

9. Best of luck.

10. Attractive female staff is a must. Music: no boybands, drum n bass, RnB, or cheesy shit.

Last barber I used was G Scotts, just by the High Level Bridge in Newcastle. A proper bloke's place. Nowadays, with the dyes and bleaches and Punk Rock abuse my hair has taken over the years, my locks are no more. I just give mine the once over with my own shears, no guard.

I'd love to get a proper wet shave with a straight razor, and hot towels one day though.

11. Pretty male trainees with firm buttocks and tight trousers works for me.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Done and all the best with your venture :)