Soldier takes war protest to PM

#1
Did a quick search and couldn't see this anywhere:


Soldier takes war protest to PM

A serving British soldier who is refusing to return to Afghanistan will deliver a letter to the Prime Minister protesting against the conflict.

L/Cpl Joe Glenton of the Royal Logistics Corps will say in his letter that the commitment and dedication of British troops was being "misused".

The Yorkshire soldier is facing a preliminary court martial after saying he would not return to Afghanistan.

L/Cpl Glenton will deliver the letter to 10 Downing Street on Thursday.
More here:
 
#2
As he is serving and I am no longer I won't comment. Different horses for different courses.
 

Sixty

ADC
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#3
Recce19 said:
Did a quick search and couldn't see this anywhere:


Soldier takes war protest to PM

A serving British soldier who is refusing to return to Afghanistan will deliver a letter to the Prime Minister protesting against the conflict.

L/Cpl Joe Glenton of the Royal Logistics Corps will say in his letter that the commitment and dedication of British troops was being "misused".

The Yorkshire soldier is facing a preliminary court martial after saying he would not return to Afghanistan.

L/Cpl Glenton will deliver the letter to 10 Downing Street on Thursday.
More here:

Royal Logistics Corps? Arrghhh!

And this is supposed to be the British national broadcaster and they can't get basic details right?
 
#4
Oh great yet another twat showing the RLC up, if its not junkies going AWOL because they are getting picked on or woman giving birth on barracks without anyone knowing its cowards refusing to do the job they are paid to do.
Shame you still can't get shot anymore, for being yellow.
 
#5
As if it will do any good Cyclops normally has his fingers in is ears when MP's are trying to give advice what will a lance jack do? unless he has a grassy knoll and a high powered rifle
 
#7
brettarider said:
As if it will do any good Cyclops normally has his fingers in is ears when MP's are trying to give advice what will a lance jack do? unless he has a grassy knoll and a high powered rifle
Well, I'm hoping he's borrowed one of those vests that blow up. :twisted:
 
#9
Fugly said:
If he was that against it, his first action should have been to sign off.
And he could have done that quite some time ago seeing as Afghan tours has been running for 8 years, basically he knows hes in the shit and is now trying to get sympathy by delivering his letter.
 

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
#10
stacker1 said:
Fugly said:
If he was that against it, his first action should have been to sign off.
And he could have done that quite some time ago seeing as Afghan tours has been running for 8 years, basically he knows hes in the shit and is now trying to get sympathy by delivering his letter.
Exactly.

Very little sympathy, I hope he enjoys his jaunt in London before he visits MCTC.
 

Alsacien

MIA
Moderator
#11
stacker1 said:
Fugly said:
If he was that against it, his first action should have been to sign off.
And he could have done that quite some time ago seeing as Afghan tours has been running for 8 years, basically he knows hes in the shit and is now trying to get sympathy by delivering his letter.
That's the way most will see it, the snivelling little cnut will still do some irritating and negative PR though.
 
#12

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
#13
stacker1 said:
I hope the RMP/police nick him before he gets anywhere near london.

Apparently he fought in Khandahar in 2006, anyone remember him there?
http://tenpercent.wordpress.com/2009/07/25/malalai-joya-lance-corporal-joe-glenton-speak-out/
Reading that, it seems he only decided to bin it when he learned he'd picked another tour up. Well, tough titty, sunshine. If you were that against the campaign, you'd have signed off the moment you got back the last time.

What a throbber.
 
#14
Negative PR and disrespectful to all those who have gave there life's in Afghan, we all have an opinion but we keep it private. AA1955 will sort it out and a unsympathetic court martial board (hopefully)
 
#15
Thomothehun said:
Negative PR and disrespectful to all those who have gave there life's in Afghan, we all have an opinion but we keep it private. AA1955 will sort it out and a unsympathetic court martial board (hopefully)
He didn't have to keep his opinion quiet, what he had to do was the job he signed up for.
He's a spineless rat who could have left legally before he was due out to Afghan again and now he's hopefully going to pay the price for being a first class turd.
 
#16
stacker1 said:
From the article
He said the army and the politicians never explained why they were there or what was going on, only that British troops were helping the Afghan people. When he found that the Afghans were fighting against them, this came as a real shock.
Had he been living under a rock at the time and not realised what was going on? White feather required.....where is that duster?
 
#17
CavalryCaptain said:
Had he been living under a rock at the time and not realised what was going on? White feather required.....where is that duster?
A firing squad is what is required.
 
#18
stacker1 said:
Thomothehun said:
Negative PR and disrespectful to all those who have gave there life's in Afghan, we all have an opinion but we keep it private. AA1955 will sort it out and a unsympathetic court martial board (hopefully)
He didn't have to keep his opinion quiet, what he had to do was the job he signed up for.
He's a spineless rat who could have left legally before he was due out to Afghan again and now he's hopefully going to pay the price for being a first class turd.
Totally agree mate but we keep it our opinions to the mess etc etc the man as you said is a spineless cnut! Crying to the media will make him a marytre (mong spelling) to the liberals, however hopefully he will get squared away at his Regt.. oh thats right not allowed to do that anymore...or are WE!
 
#19
CavalryCaptain said:
He said the army and the politicians never explained why they were there or what was going on, only that British troops were helping the Afghan people. When he found that the Afghans were fighting against them, this came as a real shock.
He said the his mates down the pub and the Stop the War Coalition never explained why they were there or why he was going to No10, only that British troops were having to do their job. When he found that everyone on ARRSE thought he was a throbber and should be shot, this came as a real shock.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top