Soldier survives two Taliban gunshots

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by MoD_RSS, Feb 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

7.62 x 39 - piece of crap.

3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

"Platoon Commander Captain Andy Bell said:

"Larubi is always cheerful and happy to help with everything, with a real laid-back attitude - he takes things in his stride. He is also a very experienced soldier, with this being his third tour of Afghanistan.

"This was definitely a close shave, but he dealt with it in his usual laid-back style.""

I think the Boss is trying to make a point here Lance Corporal!

• Like Like x 1
  4. They wouldn't have seen him if he was using an issued helmet cover.

5. Plumbus magneticus..........I wouldn't stand next to him!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Captain and commanding a platoon? oh dear...

7. Well this certainly is breaking news. I can't believe the enemy shot at a bloke twice on stag! Anyone would think we're in Afghanistan or something!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Izz cos 'e is black innit?

9. Where is he going on holiday

10. It's cause he's got scrim on his helmet. The MoD have said it's not to be worn as you are likely to die on your first tour.

• Like Like x 1
  11. The Taliban have something against scrim?

Thats racist! It's Discriminatory.

Parka, hood. Limmo. I'm offski.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Should this not be in the African Infantryman of the Year thread?

[​IMG]

13. "The insurgent shooter was spotted using deserted compounds to conceal his movements, but he was tracked by surveillance assets and was later targeted by a precision strike."
    Sounds like LCpl Larubi won't have to worry about attempt no 3, not from that Terry at any rate.

As for 7.62x39, there are more AKs than any other assault rifle in circulation and more than likely more people killed by that round than any other. 7.62x39 piece of crap? I think not.

14. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Well I know a couple of people that have been shot 5 - 6 times with Mr Kalashnikov's little helper and they all are still alive an kicking which would seem to me to show a design flaw.
    If you need 40 to 50 million ££ worth of kit to kill one guy with an AK47 it would seem to me that you have lost that particular war. Especially if you're stupid enough to think that is actually something that somehow makes you look really good at what you do.

15. Bollocks, doesn't beat the switched on soldier (guardsman) who got shot in NI, let me tell you a story. Very switched on young Guardsman got shot in South Armagh, Paddy was a good shot and managed to hit the little ballistic plate on the Eniba (?) jacket, Our young hero got knocked backwards on his arrse with the force of the round (back in the day off big boys 7.62 not girlie 5.56) Being a switched on and clever Ticktock our hero immediately jumped up and stood his ground (again). Bang... same shot...same hit...down he goes again. Not put off by this show of blatant aggression from our paddy friends he got up a third time and was hit again within the same two inch grouping on his eneba plate. He clicked this time and stayed down.....dumb cnut.

• Like Like x 4