Soldier Soldier

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by spike7451, Apr 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Just seen this while channel hopping,
    Being repeated on Men & Motors (Sky 184) at 2200Hrs tonight (Saturday)
    Thought you'd like a heads up.
    Spike.

2. Good sh1t!

3. But why ? spike no offence but it was the gayest programme on the telly, Robson & fcuking Jerome ffs..........

4. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

We went to the BBQ in Oxford Bks in Munster, my fraus legs didnt stop shaking for a week :lol:

5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Good for a laff tho..

6. Was'nt there a scouser in it who was supposed to be an ex- legionnaire , I vaguely remember laughing my t1ts off at his 1000 yard stare !!!

7. Joe Farrell. Was driving a taxi in Windsor one day, on parade with the lads the next. His missus would have got it though.

8. Does anyone remember "Spearhead' bout the fictional Royal Wessex Regt in was in the late 70's I think, set in N.I. and Hong Kong....shit all over Soldier, Soldier, CSM Jacko Jackson was the top boy in it

9. On another thread I said soldier soldier was great........everyone called me a cnut.................I dont like it anymore :(

10. When they were filming this in Aldershot they actually paid us to leave the pub! They were using the Pegasus and we refused to budge so they gave us all 20 sovs to vacate for a while so we just bimbled up the Traf. It was a shite episode too.

11. Yep, I remember it. From what I remember, it was rather gritty and in some cases, quite accurate. Something Squaddie, squaddie didn't really have.

Spearhead (IMDB)
    Spearhead (Wiki)

12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I was in Germany when Soldier,Soldier first came out so last night was the first time I had ever seen the first series. F*ck it was crap!!!
    (And did the army still use 58Pat webbing after Granby when this was set?)

13. Have to side with Spike.
    I thought the series was total sh!t, and used to wonder which army they were on about.
    About 95 I had an argument with some stupid Cavalry officer's equally stupid and pointless wife Hilary/Pippa/Prunella (you know...the upper class twit of the year chinless female Laura Ashley clad breeding type), telling me the series accurately reflected life in green kit.
    She wouldn't hear agrument to the contrary...so I rimmed her pimms.

On 58 ptn...my old mob 40 Regt was using 58 ptn till at least 93. possibly longer.

I was at Ashvale doing my RMA's just after they filmed there in 96, the cast acted as though they were army officers and NCOs... f*cked off the entire camp with their antics.

14. Was'nt the Colonel in Soldier, the fella who's plays the Colonel in Utlimate Farce.............I always thought he looked like a homosexual !

15. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

He played one in Eastenders not too long ago as well.