Soldier rejected from British Army wins top FFL Medal

Rumpelstiltskin said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1245000/Soldier-rejected-British-Army-wins-French-Foreign-Legion-award-bravery.html

I love the way that our rejects are the best toms in the French Army... but seriously, well done him.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rodney2q

He's on the front page of our local paper, cracking story and well done to him. Eyesight can't have been that bad for a sniper!?!

So thats where Andrew Ridgely went when he left WHAM!

Picked up the french habit of having a frankly gopping beret

Jungelism said:
Picked up the french habit of having a frankly gopping beret
That's Sappers for ya. :)

udipur

LE
Book Reviewer
Chap I worked with in Africa got the Croix de Guerre from the FFL after the Brits turned him down due to GBH conviction. We miss some pearlers.

For those who don't know about that award, it is the one that was once awarded to a pigeon.

udipur said:
Chap I worked with in Africa got the Croix de Guerre from the FFL after the Brits turned him down due to GBH conviction. We miss some pearlers.

For those who don't know about that award, it is the one that was once awarded to a pigeon.
French Bravery Medal? :soldier:

The paper says it's his 5th Bravery Award.......................... gosh those French are tight with their medals!!! :lol:

A great story. I salute the Legionnaire and his twin-brother - and, Mum MBE. These are precisely the folk that ensured that Hitler never had a chance.

I am Welsh, but I salute all Gloucestershire folk - especially at Kingsholm!

I remember The Battle on the Imjin - The Glorious Glosters - and the reports thereof. British Infantry at the heavenly edge of sublime!

Were these men super-humans? Were they men sent by God; or were they from another world?

No - they were blokes off the street, called-up out of the pubs, from their mums and homes, and made into soldiers - the like of which no other nation has ever seen - with no thought of 'Elf & Safety' and 'effing 'Uman effing Rights'.

Would the memory of these men mean anything to the 'spiv' Bliar'? To his 'friend' Campbell? To the turd-like thing lurking in The Treasury from '97 to '07? No, of course not - Labour only 'does' history from May 1997.

I am surprised that the Army has not joined the other numerous institutions that have been politicised by this disreputable government - if Labour wins the next election, it will - it will.

Typical journo-speak at work here in the Daily Mail article. Interesting to note that: "Alex … was turned away by military chiefs when he tried to sign up as a teenager because he has a detached retina." Since when did 'military chiefs' carry out eye tests? But good for him.