SOLDIER MAGAZINE: Int Corps is key asset in war on terror

#2
I like this part of the article:

A professional marketing campaign, harnessing television, newspapers and magazines such as Cosmopolitan and FHM, aims to bring the brightest young men and women on board.

WTF Cosmo and a magazine that is a cross between the Beano and Fiesta ( an excellent publication for the articles, ehem) is hardly likely to yield the most intellectual of candidates is it?
 
#3
But lots of Walts will be reading these mags.....only surprised that Combat and Survival is not on the list....!
 
#4
Is it me, or do the pictures make us look like a bunch of weird specky fat spotters?
 
#6
Iknowyourname said:
Is it me, or do the pictures make us look like a bunch of weird specky fat spotters?
Its not just you. "Make you look like".........?
The camera never lies, they say.
 
#7
And it also adds ten pounds to the hips......
 
#8
and it also seems to be the same picture from all the old recruiting information as well as the website. Guess the budget doesn't stretch to a new photo, those two in the picture have managed to get their mugs all over the shop. So much for a low profile
 
#10
Private_Pike said:
I like this part of the article:

A professional marketing campaign, harnessing television, newspapers and magazines such as Cosmopolitan and FHM, aims to bring the brightest young men and women on board.

WTF Cosmo and a magazine that is a cross between the Beano and Fiesta ( an excellent publication for the articles, ehem) is hardly likely to yield the most intellectual of candidates is it?
But at least they can read. The remainder can join the infantry or become tankies :):):)
 
#11
Mister_Angry said:
Is this bloke is deep cover as a black and white minstrel ?
A classic mistake. An officer and a map!!
 
#12
AF1771 said:
Private_Pike said:
I like this part of the article:

A professional marketing campaign, harnessing television, newspapers and magazines such as Cosmopolitan and FHM, aims to bring the brightest young men and women on board.

WTF Cosmo and a magazine that is a cross between the Beano and Fiesta ( an excellent publication for the articles, ehem) is hardly likely to yield the most intellectual of candidates is it?
But at least they can read. The remainder can join the infantry or become tankies :):):)
Does one actually read FHM?
 
#13
rickshaw said:
AF1771 said:
Private_Pike said:
I like this part of the article:

A professional marketing campaign, harnessing television, newspapers and magazines such as Cosmopolitan and FHM, aims to bring the brightest young men and women on board.

WTF Cosmo and a magazine that is a cross between the Beano and Fiesta ( an excellent publication for the articles, ehem) is hardly likely to yield the most intellectual of candidates is it?
But at least they can read. The remainder can join the infantry or become tankies :):):)
Does one actually read FHM?
Only AFTER the picture pages have been stuck together.
 
#15
Mister_Angry said:


Is this bloke is deep cover as a black and white minstrel ?
Cam cream and berets. Why, why, why, why why? Cam cream = tactical, berets = in barracks, never the twain shall meet! If he needs cam cream, he needs his helmet on!
 
#17
Op_Int_and_Spy said:
Mister_Angry said:


Is this bloke is deep cover as a black and white minstrel ?
Cam cream and berets. Why, why, why, why why? Cam cream = tactical, berets = in barracks, never the twain shall meet! If he needs cam cream, he needs his helmet on!
If I remeber the recruiting material, I think this one is a Steb. 'Nuff said!
 
#19
TA personnel in regular recruiting material? Surely not..................

I remember a particular recruiting leaflet from several years ago. It featured several personnel from ethnic minorities, not in itself a bad thing, until you realise every non-white face (with one notable fcukwit of an exception) was in 3 (V) MI Bn. It's political correctness gone mad I tell you.......................
 
#20
Op_Int_and_Spy said:
TA personnel in regular recruiting material? Surely not..................

I remember a particular recruiting leaflet from several years ago. It featured several personnel from ethnic minorities, not in itself a bad thing, until you realise every non-white face (with one notable fcukwit of an exception) was in 3 (V) MI Bn. It's political correctness gone mad I tell you.......................
i thought it was one step further, and some of them were not even our capbadge in any way, shape or form... but you know how gossip is when these things come out!
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MrMemory Old & Bold 15
Auld-Yin The NAAFI Bar 96
Auld-Yin The NAAFI Bar 343

Similar threads

Top