Soldier Mag - Only going because the Army buys 99% of the issues!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by BernardMcCabe, Jun 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yet again this month we have a thousand (OK 50) copies of the magazine unopened and still in the wrappers in my Unit. Must be because it is part of the "establishment" which is why most of the troops give it a miss. I tried getting a letter published recently asking why they would sack me, a NRPS soldier, should I volunteer to go on Herrick. There reply was that I had made myself voluntarily redundent and would lose my job! Anyway they gave me a reply from Glasgow that just glossed over it and didnt publish it. In these days should we be subsidising a magazine that wouldnt survive in the open market?

2. Is your name Bernard McCabe?

3. My girlfriend once saw it for sale in W.H. Smiths and not only bought it but sent it out to me in a moral box,the daft bint.

• Like Like x 4
  4. You'd have shit yourself if you'd have sent you 'Strap-on monthly'.

• Like Like x 2

5. I sincerely hope you've put that in the 'How bone is your missus' thread!

• Like Like x 5
  6. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Just a little bitter and twisted are we?

7. Diddums! Don't use a crayon next time and you may get more luck.

8. The views in this magazine do not represent those of the MoD.

Really? Never have I ever read that magazine and read anything other than "the truth".

Let's be honest, soldier magazine exists to provide it's "journos" with employment. If they leave the party line they lose their job.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Any reason this is in the TA Forum? Is it because it only comes out once a month? :)

• Like Like x 8
  10. Have you noticed that all the official replies to letters are a broad brush fuck you pill, with a "tell Cpl Fucknuts to ring me himself on Monday, so I can rip his head off privately for going to the press, ruin his career and generally make his life worse than a Syrian border jumper, and still not give him a direct answer"

• Like Like x 2
  11. Are you saying if you volunteered, your employer would sack you. You should get sabre onto them ...

p.s. they seriously backed that opinion???

• Like Like x 1
  12. Oi, we love propaganda. Just as fecking well really.....

13. Ahh yes Soldier, the magazine that tells Tommy the truth about the War.

Pretty much any letter written by a serving soldier gets fucked off and every article is about how absolutely spiffing everything is. We normally end up with 2 boxes in the stores that are left un-opened, normally next to the boxes of the Regimental Gazette

14. I take it that you haven't read the shower of shit that is RAF News.

That really is soul destroying propaganda.

15. Because it comes wrapped in plastic, often accompanied by nausea, nobody looks forward to it, it's never mentioned in polite company, it's a bloody rag and the contents stink?