Soldier killed in Afghan 27/06/08

Discussion in 'RLC' started by Moon_Monkey_Spunk, Jun 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It is with deep regret that the Ministry Of Defence must confirm that a British soldier from 13 Air Assault Support Regiment Royal Logistic Corps died in a vehicle accident in Afghanistan yesterday Friday 27 June 2008.

Ministry of Defence
    A further two soldiers from the same Regiment were injured in the same incident which occurred at 21.10hrs local time.

The soldiers were patrolling in the central area Helmand when the vehicle they were traveling in rolled over.

The medical incident response team was called in and evacuated the casualties to the ISAF medical facilities at Camp Bastion. Sadly, despite the best efforts of the medical team one soldier died of his wounds. The remaining two casualties are receiving treatment for their injuries which are not life threatening.

The vehicle had been part of a patrol, conducting force protection when the incident occurred. The incident was not combat-related.

The soldiers'next of kin have been informed and have requested a period of grace before further details are released.

RIP, condolences to the family and we all hope the other two casualties fully recover.

2. I said on the other thread that the soldier killed was a very good friend of mine and i would like too add here that he wasnt a "loggie"

3. You've put the wrong date on the title of this thread.

4. No you're right - he was a Para, but he was serving with a Log Regt so it's a natural 'mistake' to make - I personally don't think it matters.

Loggies have taken their fair share of casualties I think.