Soldier injured in Afghanistan denied holiday refund

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Outstanding, Jun 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. he didnt hear of insurance? most banks give it away free now, might want to be looking at that first rather than the outrage bus
  2. Insurance, insurance, insurance!
  3. paid nigh on 700 quid for a holiday and didn't get insurance?

Someone else can have my seat on this bus!
  4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Not really. Like anyone else he should have taken out travel insurance. He thought he would save a few bob by not doing so and is now paying the price for that parsimony.
  5. So the headline could just as well read 'Car mechanic injured in garage denied refund'.

They would both have been injured doing the job they're paid to do but both had no insurance. Unlucky! You live and learn.
  6. Agree with you both but in fairness he simply overlooked it, after all he wanted to go on holiday and just never considered the opposite. Clearly on both counts he made the error, but then again if they let him change the names he could sell it to someone else, what will the Company do with the empty seats/hotel rooms (sell them again?)

Ooops poor spelling
  7. He was injured when a "can of insecticide expoded on base".

There's a warry tale to tell his children - the fcuking balloon knot.
  8. Usually there is the small print that lets the insurace company worm out off things.

My insurance refused to pay out when I got hit. They said I wasn't covered when I was doing my job.
  9. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Booking a short break to coincide with R&R without insurance? Dopey mare.
  10. They need a good talking to!
  11. I tried, to no avail. I hadveven paid double bubble so that my bomb suit was insured.
  12. I'm not getting on any bus that doesn't have adequate insurance. What if it crashes or gets delayed?
  13. Do an article for Soldier mag that names the Company and explains the circumstances - you may not get you money back, but you will stop them ripping off anyone else mate.
  14. Don't think you, and a few others, read the article properly AY.

His missus booked it as a surprise.