Soldier guilty of attempted murder.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by vvaannmmaann, Feb 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So not really a 'soldier' then.
    I think what you and the media meant was 'civilian guilty of trying to kill his wife who just happens to be an ex STAB.
  2. Bad times for him now. How long till he blames some dubious PTSD?
  3. Shurely shome mistake? Regular Reservist according to the article.
    So-Ex-Soldier tries to off his wife. Let's not bring the STABS and ARABS thing into this one as well!
  4. I'm reminded of Sideshow Bob's riposte: " Attempted murder! What is that?! I mean, do they give Nobel Prizes for 'attempted physics'?"
  5. They give £120,000 a year to GP's to practise medicine?
  6. The bloke was a fool, any sensible person would have strapped it under the dash and attached the pin to the clutch. Some people these days.
  7. News said he was in the TA for 10 years. That'll be a STAB then. In fairness he wasn't trying to kill her, he just wanted the grenade pin for his smock. The one with green socks sewn on the cuffs.
  8. Didn't realise he was a para.......
  9. He obviously underestimated the ballistic efficiency of rolls and rolls of fat!

...and pregnancy's no excuse!
  10. Odd career path according to the Beeb
    BBC News - Ex-soldier guilty of trying to kill wife in Kent car blast

"The court heard Fabian was a reservist after serving in the Army between 1994 and 2004, and had been called up to complete a tour of Afghanistan in January 2010.

He stole the hand grenade during a training exercise ahead of the deployment.

A spokeswoman for the Ministry of Defence (MoD) said he was in the Territorial Army as a reservist, and was no longer a regular, full-time soldier"

A six-year lay off seems a bit unusual?
  11. Presumably it's possible to be both a reservist and in the TA?
  12. He must have been a stab or he would have achieved his objective. He probably got tired crawling up to her window and jibbed!
  13. Why on earth did he only use one HE grenade on the fat mess?

There would have been more chance of dropping a bull rhino with a .177 air rifle pellet.