Soldier Girls: On The Road To Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by oldmuso, Mar 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not seen a thread on this and no time to search so MODS please delete if need be! On at 1935 but repeated if you search Radio Times.

Soldier Girls: On The Road To Afghanistan
    Friday 06 March
    7:35pm - 8:00pm
    Channel 4

Showcase of original documentaries from up-and-coming filmmakers. Vanessa Stockley's film follows two women from very different backgrounds as they face the final hurdles of their officer training at Sandhurst Military Academy. Holly is 21 and in her last term at Sandhurst. Educated at public school, Holly thinks blowing things up 'sounds cool'. 23-year-old Sarah is a veteran of the war in Iraq and is from a working-class background.
  2. why the hell would you wear a ring on your toe for a ten mile tab?
  3. They really aren't doing themselves any favours, are they? I'm sure I heard one talk about, "Big bayonet knife things".
  4. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Am I the only one who wants to thump the blonde gunner?
  5. She doesn't seem ready for the responsibility about to be thrust upon her shoulders.
  6. lipstick on exercise?, "Does my chin look dry?"
    Oh dear lord, dont turn up near me!
  7. Even my missus said "What the fcuk is she wearing"

Not a good example
  8. Even Mrs Oldmuso thought that was weird and asking for foot trouble!
  9. Diamond,

They actually believe that they will be in charge, sorry Command.

Sweet. Not.

Put the kettle on Ma'am.
  10. There was something rather unconvincing about the performances on the live-firing camp as well. I think their attempts to bayonet an enemy would have killed them only through boredom.

Never mind, loves. You did your best.
  11. Was it as embarassing as that Welsh clerk tart in Afghanistan on that Warzone (I think) programme?
  12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Not quite but close...
    After watching it I would've found it difficult to take them seriously if they were in command.
  13. I wondered too but "not a good example". Maybe that should read ,"A perfect example".

Secondly, Why are the bints in their own girlie platoon? This will certainly not be of benefit to them when, and if, they graduate and have to take command of soldiers who don't wear rings on their toes (ie blokes)

What next after female officers?? Women getting the vote?