Soldier Girls: On The Road To Afghanistan

oldmuso

Old-Salt
Not seen a thread on this and no time to search so MODS please delete if need be! On at 1935 but repeated if you search Radio Times.

Friday 06 March
7:35pm - 8:00pm
Channel 4

Showcase of original documentaries from up-and-coming filmmakers. Vanessa Stockley's film follows two women from very different backgrounds as they face the final hurdles of their officer training at Sandhurst Military Academy. Holly is 21 and in her last term at Sandhurst. Educated at public school, Holly thinks blowing things up 'sounds cool'. 23-year-old Sarah is a veteran of the war in Iraq and is from a working-class background.

They really aren't doing themselves any favours, are they? I'm sure I heard one talk about, "Big bayonet knife things".

Diamond,

They actually believe that they will be in charge, sorry Command.

Sweet. Not.

Put the kettle on Ma'am.

There was something rather unconvincing about the performances on the live-firing camp as well. I think their attempts to bayonet an enemy would have killed them only through boredom.

Never mind, loves. You did your best.

spike7451

RIP
RIP
jimmys_best_mate said:
Was it as embarassing as that Welsh clerk tart in Afghanistan on that Warzone (I think) programme?

Not quite but close...
After watching it I would've found it difficult to take them seriously if they were in command.

AT55

LE
Aunty Stella said:
TG14 said:
why the hell would you wear a ring on your toe for a ten mile tab?

Even my missus said "What the fcuk is she wearing"

Not a good example

I wondered too but "not a good example". Maybe that should read ,"A perfect example".

Secondly, Why are the bints in their own girlie platoon? This will certainly not be of benefit to them when, and if, they graduate and have to take command of soldiers who don't wear rings on their toes (ie blokes)

What next after female officers?? Women getting the vote?

oldmuso

Old-Salt
oldmuso said:
Not seen a thread on this and no time to search so MODS please delete if need be! On at 1935 but repeated if you search Radio Times.

Friday 06 March
7:35pm - 8:00pm
Channel 4

Showcase of original documentaries from up-and-coming filmmakers. Vanessa Stockley's film follows two women from very different backgrounds as they face the final hurdles of their officer training at Sandhurst Military Academy. Holly is 21 and in her last term at Sandhurst. Educated at public school, Holly thinks blowing things up 'sounds cool'. 23-year-old Sarah is a veteran of the war in Iraq and is from a working-class background.

By the way Mrs Oldmuso's just had a hissy fit because I'm not supporting female soldiers more ..... and I posted this!!!!!!!
... help!!!!! .... eh and also I've finished the whisky bottle :roll:

Of these two,I expect that the girlie commissioned into REME,will do better.The one going to the Gunners said'I don't like war'.No one 'likes' war,and it's certainly not 'cool'.However that's what The Army does.

AT55 said:
Secondly, Why are the bints in their own girlie platoon? This will certainly not be of benefit to them when, and if, they graduate and have to take command of soldiers who don't wear rings on their toes (ie blokes)

Not sure officially why, but there is a fair amount of evidence that shows single sex ed/training is better than co-ed. The USMC does it for this very reason also.

Why OR Phase 1 is co-ed though is beyond me.

Anyone else getting the impression these two are just joining for a giggle? They will probably leave after 3 years or so.

It's standard practice at RMAS to have a single girls platoon.

I've yet to have a convincing argument as to why they need to do it this way - it just seems to create a bitchy centre in the Academy.

To be honest, I don't think we blokes would be all that keen to have to be in platoons with them here - in one exercise, the platoons in the female company get mixed (so men working with the women) and they don't outdo themselves, that's for sure.

B

Biscuits_AB

I worked for two nuggets like these in real life. One said that she had all the command experience that she needed having 'commanded' the Platoon on exercise whilst Sandhurst. Strangley enough, when a situation with potential for a command decision loomed on the horizon, she always had other things to do....as far away from the decision making as she could get. The other one was just an out and out f*ckwit. In fairness though, the abilities of some male officers weren't any better.

Latest Threads