Soldier found dead in Arborfield

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Plant-Pilot, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Breaking news on Sky...... A soldier has been found dead in Arborfield Garrison. There are no other details at the moment.
  2. It was in todays found 300 metres from Officers Mess, alledgedly took own life with rifle.
  3. If that is the case it's tragic that anyone gets in a situation where they are so depressed that they wish to take thier own life.

That said it will no doubt be added to the list of 'suspicious' deaths at Army camps and there will have to be a few more inquiries before the whole thing is allowed to rest.
  4. God rest him
  5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

RIP mate,
  6. RIP goes without saying, Stagging on at that gate is boring but I wouldn't go that far, I do hope a proper investigation is carried out and they get down to why he did it, some people say its a cowards way out, I say it takes balls of steel and some big BIG reason to take that action. Arte Et Marte
    • Like Like x 3
  7. RIP.
    If it was suicide...may you find the peace in death you never found in life.
    Condolances to family.
  8. I echo all the sentiments above.

Always desperately sad to go (wo)man down, however or whyever - with profound empathy for family & friends.

RIP, mate.
  9. My sympathies to his family. They shouldn't have to go through this. RIP
  10. +1 on all the above.

RIP mate.
  11. RIP *****, sad, sad day
  12. RIP

Ne Obliviscaris
  13. I had originally posted this here.

From Reuters:

Condolences to the family.
  14. Very sad and shocking news, another young man gone far too early from this life. RIP and condolences to family.
  15. I'd imagine that after 7 years his family are over their initial grief.
    • Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.