Soldier cleared of killing of Briton in Gaza

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Apr 18, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4444781.stm

Do you believe that the investigation was "complex"? What do you expect from British government? Is it able to defend British interests and lives of Britons? Do you expect that mr.Howard (would he win elections) would be tough with Israelis? (as to me then I doubt).

2. Defend British subjects? Not if they're stupid bitches.

Now, about Chechnya...

3. Dear cheesypoptart!

I understand your point. You thinks that if any citizen of the UK would visit dangerous place (like Iraq for example) then it is up to him to care about own security. Even killing of Briton is not a great sin especially if ... probably she is 'stupid bitch'.

As to Chechnya. Let's compare (in context of 'stupid bitch'):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3095003.stm

Note: raping was not established in the trial.

Btw the colonel detected her photo with sniper rifle in hands and day before two his soldiers were killed by sniper. No matter the colonel was senteced for 10 years in prison.

4. I was referring to the British government.

And it's good to see a Colonel get convicted for murdering a woman. Now, who's going to get convicted for murdering a country [bait]?

5. Do you mean Iraq? About 100 thousands were killed.

6. C'est la Guerre

7. Quote from mentioned BBC's article (17 September, 2004):

But Budanov is still in jail.

8. Well, it was more than that, and Saddam will soon be duly convicted. Now, back to the use of Thermobaric weapons in Grozny, why exactly did you go there in the first place?

9. "All war must be just the killing of strangers against whom you feel no personal animosity; strangers whom, in other circumstances, you would help if you found them in trouble, and who would help you if you needed it."

Mark Twain.

10. Its our fault

from

HISTORICAL REFLECTIONS ON THE WAR IN CHECHNYA

11. i love this shite! so where are these figures of 100k dead coming from my soviet friend!

Even the BBC, that oh so balanced news agent of left wing liberalism, can only state that their are NO official figures for civilian dead in Iraq, ..... but estimates range from 15,000 to 100,000.

but sack the stats eh, lets go for Headlines!!!

mind you, even at 100,000 (which is pretty dubious) that is still a tenth (1/10) of the millions that were predicted by, oh, everyone (BBC, Guardian, UN, France, Germany, Russia, Anti-War Coalition, etc, etc).

One last point - when are elections due in Chechan again?????

12. It's our fault? Oh, ok, never mind then.

13. First of all Chechnya is a part of Russia (unlike Iraq). As to the history of the conflict then look

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/country_profiles/2565049.stm

Chechnya became criminal enclave and after direct aggression there was no other solution as to restore law and order there. I hope you agree.

14. The problem with Continental countries as opposed to Maritime countries is a difficulty in deciding where one's borders stop.

There was a view in both the last two centuries that the north of Persia/Iran are "Russian"...