Soldier charged with man's murder in Wiltshire (BBC News)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by afghanman, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What a shit way to start a New Year - for both of them!!
  2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

If true nothing more than a thug who deserves everything thats coming his way.
  3. You are assuming, of course, that it wasn't self-defence, or in defence of the 19yo girl.
  4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Thats why I put the If true bit in. ;-)
  5. Let's hear a bit more about the story before we start passing sentence, shall we? Soldiers may not be saints but nor are head injuries always caused by unprovoked violence. The initial reports spoke of "collapse" rather than assault. Besides, I suspect that they're all local residents, so the soldier aspect may not be relevant beyond extended absence.
  6. So which bit of it were you referring to when you said "if true"?
    If it's true he has been arrested
    If it's true he has been charged
    If it's true the dead bloke had internal head injuries
  7. I read on an earlier report that the victim was also partially disabled. Birth defect - shortened arms.

Drink was surely involved and it is indeed a sad start to the new year for both.
  8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Probably the bit about being charged and appearing before a magistrates court. If true he deserves all that is coming his way.
  9. RMP and SASC investigating then??? (sorry couldnt resist)
  10. Looks like a typical Amesbury shit bag that's picked a fight with a young lad and got his face filled in.Squaddie bashing has went on for years down there.
  11. 34 v 21 is one hell of an age gap, especially when the younger bloke is playing away from home!
  12. I recognise the dead lad. I can confirm that he was disabled, he used to come into The Bell & The Kings when I used to go down there a couple of years ago so doubt very much that its a case of squaddie bashing.

In fact, in my long association with Amesbury, the only fights down town I used to see were soldier v soldier. This was particularly true when 19 first moved into Larkhill and when the Kingos came into Tidworth.
  13. Isnt this just a case of one bloke hitting another?

Bugger all to do with being a squaddie. If he's a thug then good riddance. If not and it was self defence I hope the courts recognise this and clear him.

Bit early to form an opinion on either really though
  14. I really don't think that the deceased could have hit someone, his arms weren't really functional in that way. Doesn't mean there couldn't have been another trigger though but I wouldn't want to speculate
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.