Soldier Arrested - Netheravon Parachute Incident

Just idle curiosity but what happens with him now I'm assuming he continues to be paid etc. since being charged with the offence, lives in the WO& Sgts Mess but what duties does he perform or is it all gardening leave? How could you do an annual report on him? What does he do with his time, he can hardly indulge in his favourite hobby of pulling women, "What do you do?" "I'm waiting for a retrial, charged with attempting to kill my wife". Has plenty of shiny toys to play with but that would soon get boring. So.....
Seems like he has plenty of kids scattered around the globe. Could go and spend some quality daddy-time with them, I suppose ?

I'm assuming he continues to be paid etc. since being charged with the offence, lives in the WO& Sgts Mess
Interesting line of thought.

Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

I wonder if his fellow living-in Seniors are lining up to play him at pool, or if he's getting industrial portions of cold shoulder . . .

Well, one of the silver linings of his case being sent for retrial is that goodies like this can come out in the open...

Parachute case soldier had a SECRET FAMILY | Daily Mail Online

• Following the collapse of the trial, The Mail on Sunday can reveal that parachute case soldier Emile Cilliers had a secret family with Nicolene Shepherd
  • Now a happily married mother of five, Shepherd was courted from the age of 13 by Cilliers in native South Africa, before going on to have two children together
  • Cilliers is accused of trying to murder his second wife, expert skydiver Victoria Cilliers, by sabotaging her parachute and causing a gas explosion at their home

Well, one of the silver linings of his case being sent for retrial is that goodies like this can come out in the open...

Parachute case soldier had a SECRET FAMILY | Daily Mail Online

• Following the collapse of the trial, The Mail on Sunday can reveal that parachute case soldier Emile Cilliers had a secret family with Nicolene Shepherd
  • Now a happily married mother of five, Shepherd was courted from the age of 13 by Cilliers in native South Africa, before going on to have two children together
  • Cilliers is accused of trying to murder his second wife, expert skydiver Victoria Cilliers, by sabotaging her parachute and causing a gas explosion at their home
He's a cheeky scamp isn't he?

Same thing, dumbed down to single syllables.

In itself, a worrying development.

Innit.
Tell me about it. I've sat on three different juries, having being called for jury service twice in three years.

Case 1. Bloke tries to snatch a kid from a bus stop in Canford Cliffs. Bournemouth's first ever "Trial of the Facts" as accused is unfit to plead. Nice, easy warm up case. Agree that a crime was committed and bloke gets sent to a more secure psychiatric unit. He was murdered last year by a homeless bloke in Poole.

Case 2. Historic child abuse. Step dad accused of carrying out one assault eight years earlier. However, eight witnesses for the defence, including the accusers siblings, remember the event and say that it never happened. Accuser is a stoner who made up the story to get attention from his mates, who then phoned the police and did a runner. Not Guilty, but on a 10:2 majority verdict. Two phrases from the jury room, one from each of the "guilty" voters. "He looks strange, he must be guilty." "My husband's a policeman and he says that they wouldn't bring them to court if they weren't guilty."

Case 3. Three years later. Conspiracy to commit armed robbery. Two guilty on 10:2 majority and one not guilty on 10:2 majority. I voted not guilty, not because they didn't do it, but because there was no reliable evidence presented in court. Basically Dorset Police botched the investigation. Defence said that a motorbike was abandoned because it was unsafe. Police said that when they tested it it was safe, the admitted that they had fixed it first. They had a suspects car for a week, but didn't search it before handing it back and then alleged that there was a "shooter" in the boot. They couldn't even find one of the suspects DNA on a motorbike helmet that he was wearing 30 seconds prior to his arrest. On balance of probabilities they may have been guilty. Beyond reasonable doubt - no chance. Had I presented something like this to my board at work I would have been laughed out of the room and lost my bonus. However Dorset Police had fired shots into a stationary car while making the arrest and probably felt that they had to proceed.

The case lasted four weeks and we were in the jury room for five days. There were five women who wanted a conviction, and anyone who disagreed was shouted down. There were temper tantrums and the inability of the smokers to leave the room without the judges permission didn't help matters. Frankly, after my experiences I have lost faith in the jury system.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
"My husband's a policeman and he says that they wouldn't bring them to court if they weren't guilty."
Difficult to judge whether the husband or the wife was the more bone.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Let us just say that certain folk in Cape Town do not like him very much.
Apparently, that was even before the latest 'alleged' incidents, based on his interaction with the 'locals'.

And the 'locals' have been following the case closely.
So that's you and who else ?