Solar Shower NSN

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by dance_with_the_devil, Mar 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Am currently on Ops in BASRA, and as the weather is getting hotter the QM in his infinate wisdom has cut off the water supply to our mobile showers.
    Maybe he's after his MBE..Cnut!
    Anyway im after the NSN of a Solar Shower system is one exists
    Cheers in advance
    "The Devil"

2. I have not seen an NSN for this. Although the Americans have a bucket shower which does have an NSN.

Might be quicker if you gohere and just pay £4.99 for your own.

Buy in bulk/tell them who and where you are they may even do a deal.

Milletts do squaddie discount too. But I couldn't find a shower on their website.

Maybe a mate on rear details could buy a load. Always handy to have 2 anyway. It always runs out just before you finish conditioning :p

3. Cheers C_F
    Devil

4. seems a bit harsh that cutting the water off

only problems we had was the electric cutting off all the time

had about 3 water deliveries a day for showers etc :?

5. I'm sure there is an NSN for them as everyone was using them in Macedonia in 2001. Sorry i can't be more help than that.

6. I have found this:

Solar Shower: 4510 99 474 5102

£7.34 :wink: :wink:

7. So you've either got a SCOC disk at home - SAD

or you are at work - SADDER :D

8. :? Dedication thats what it is!!

9. Typical, the Army pay £2.35 more for the things!!!!! Quick GEMS it!!!!

That and the fact that I just googled 4510 99 474 5102 and got the following result.....

[​IMG] :p

10. Solar showers are great. The best way to use them is to put the water into a bowl first. Then throw the water around with a mug, wash down and finally tip the whole lot over yourself. One of the best things that I have bought.
    Just be careful though because the water will come out hot enough to take the skin off your back

11. So more of a stand up shower than a shower? 8O

12. Cheers for all the input, but have got 0A (C/S Wife) to forward on one from blighty, so any luck it will be here by Christmas!!