• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

solar charger

right im off to a sunny place sometime soon! and ive been informed that there isn't much electricity where we are going.

a few people have suggested solar chargers. i need one that will charge an ipod, psp and maybe AA batteries

i've looked at a few and aren't too sure what they're like.

has anyone use one and make any suggestions?!

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
The Silva ones are pretty good, and small, and light. I can do you a 12v charger for £69.

Edited to add: or an AA charger for £34. :D

Freeloader is one I've got, very good as long as the sunlight is strong enough (struggles in the UK winter), does Ipod and suchlike as standard and has an AA and AAA charger adapter you can buy.

Cheaper than the Silva ones I think, about £20ish

S_R

power monkey explorer

https://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/web...b_group_level1=7&group_level1=Gadgets_&_Tools

at Cotswolds with 10-20% discount. Call or Email ( i don't work for Cotswolds)
Absolutely first rate. Pretty much water and more importantly sand proof.
Has stacks of attachments included, then you can buy more if needs be.
Comes with attachments most of the phones, I Pod, GPS/PDA, things that charge off of USB...erm..not sure what else.
Unit can be charged with Solar Panel (included), Mains and USB. Slots to attach to bergan/ straps etc.
Top notch bit of kit, well well well worth 50 odd quid.

Seriously (also not a rep for power monkey) though
E-Mail the company (google power monkey explorer) and ask about attachments, they do bloody loads.
Basically you charge up the "power monkey" from solar/mains/usb and it holds the charge (quite a bit) and you can charge your appliences.

Latest Threads