Software Upgrade - Site to go offline at 0730

I'll be taking the site offline in a few minutes until approx 0800. It's a routine upgrade of the site software to the latest version.

Thanks for your patience.

OK, upgrade done although as normal without much post-upgrade testing so that it's online again as soon as quickly as possible.

I think the mobile site has had sweeping updates and I'll go and start checking that now. Problems with the main site in here please.

Thanks

oldbaldy

LE
On the 'Home' page, list of recent posts only shows who made it & time, does not show thread name.

Thanks for the front page spot. I think I know what that it and will crack it now.

oldbaldy

LE
Now sorted :)

oldbaldy

LE
Access to 'my' group is fine

Couple of strange ones (FF 3.6.2):

The hover menus don't seem to be working anymore (particularly the Forum one which was very useful),

The Reply with Quote now takes me to a full edit page rather than the previous drop down/expansion box (WYSIWYG editing set)

Quick Edit keys are off; ie CTRL +b for Bold & CTRL + i for italics are no longer functioning

The latter two make me wonder if the Editing selection (WYS, Std, Basic) in the Gen Settings menu is working properly?

Couple of strange ones (FF 3.6.2):

The hover menus don't seem to be working anymore (particularly the Forum one which was very useful),

The Reply with Quote now takes me to a full edit page rather than the previous drop down/expansion box (WYSIWYG editing set)

Quick Edit keys are off; ie CTRL +b for Bold & CTRL + i for italics are no longer functioning

The latter two make me wonder if the Editing selection (WYS, Std, Basic) in the Gen Settings menu is working properly?

They all work for me.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I've just noticed this thread. I e-mailed BCO to mention that everything has become 'painfully slow'.

BCO is away and actually site errors tend to be my thing these days. Always best to send messages to admin@arrse.co.uk rather than PM us then it will end up in the right place. Anyway, painfully slow surprises me - every test I have shows a dramatic increase in speed over the last 24 hours. Do you have any other symptoms? Is it happening on any particular pages or the whole site?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I have to say that the site is also very slow for me. Plus last night, when on my laptop the site was very jumpy as well as slow. By this I mean that when clicking on to a thread/post it took some time for the page to settle down and become readable. Not a lot of time but certainly very noticable. For instance on clicking the blue 'go to last post' button it would go to the top of the relevant page then jump to last, back to top a couple of times. Today I have found the site to be very slow - on my PC now and actually closed down a couple of processes to see if that was the problem - not really. Still slow.I used Ctrl + F5 also to refresh.this reminds me of another problem I have noticed in the past day - formatting is lost when posting. For instance, I had paragraphs/line breaks in the para above, but it has come out all in one paragraph. This happened last night ehrn posting also. lastly, I had difficulty in posting a book review last night. I posted as normal and all seemed well, until I went back in to book reviews to check it had loaded properly but it seemed not to have i.e. the cover was missing and the PR BREAK had not worked.Going back into the review showed all to be well, and coming out again the post looked fine. In general, a lot of jumpiness about the site. Not very technical, but best i can describe it. Sorry.

I encounter the same site issues as AY describes. And when I click "Reply with Quote" it keeps loading, but doesn't show me the reply box. (I'm using Windows 7 + Firefox 6.0)