Software Defined Radio dongle - anyone else got one?

hoofie

Clanker
35+ degrees? I hope that's in nice, balmy degrees Fahrenheit! I'm start to convulse and enter thermal shutdown just thinking about anything over 30 ℃! :shock:
Here in Western Australia we just had 5 days of temps above 38 with 2 days in the low 40s - and not unfortunately Fahrenheit

Here in Western Australia we just had 5 days of temps above 38 with 2 days in the low 40s - and not unfortunately Fahrenheit
I wonder how many centuries it will take for white Australian's skin to darken as protection against the sun. Living in rock caves and underground makes a whole lot of sense in that climate, especially further North.

My peril-sensitive sunglasses have just activated. I'm sure the content of your message was jolly good stuff, but, unfortunately, I can't read it. My apologies.

I wonder how many centuries it will take for white Australian's skin to darken as protection against the sun. Living in rock caves and underground makes a whole lot of sense in that climate, especially further North.

Strewth, I never imagined Morlocks speaking Strine.

This. ETA - Hmm... tin roof eh? I'd be tempted to try that with an antenna tuner.
You evil man..... Yeh but with the solar panels and a few other odds and bobs up there I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't at least one path straight to ground.

Still........

35+ degrees? I hope that's in nice, balmy degrees Fahrenheit! I'm start to convulse and enter thermal shutdown just thinking about anything over 30 ℃! :shock:
Nope, Celcius (or Centigrade, take your pick). The sort of weather where your washing dries before the next load has finished washing on a short cycle.

Solar panels can create RF noise. You may have to experiment with antenna wire orientation.
Good spot, and thinking about it they are probably right over my work area..... I might have to take a walk to the reserve across the road and get away from electricla noise.

I feel your pain, you can tell it's going to be a "fun" day when the early morning temp outside hasn't dropped below 30!

NSP

LE
Yes, I have several. One is used to pull ADS-B data for tracking aircraft which I then feed to various companies, and 1 I am using to pull NOAA weather sat data. Both of these are plugged into Raspberry Pi's
I've got one for AIS and another that receives (and derives a mean combined position from) GPS (WAAS/EGNOS-enhanced), GLONASS, Galileo and Beidou. Nice bit of kit for not a lot of money - on a flying lead and magnetic so you can stick the antenna to various objects, like deckheads, bulkheads and porthole rims. Or your car roof.

Nope, Celcius (or Centigrade, take your pick). The sort of weather where your washing dries before the next load has finished washing on a short cycle.

The funny (humidity) thing is I used to go running in Ay Nik at 100 ℉ without a problem. On the same day, I'd melt on the coast even though it could be (10-15) ℉ "cooler".

Latest Threads