Softie Sleeping bag

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by RHS1, Nov 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if this has already been asked,but i am looking for a softie sleeping bag for use in the uk all year round.
    have had my eye on the elite 4 and hawk 10/12 but am seeking some real feedback not just the crap from the manufacturers website.
  2. I suggest that you go to the Hereford branch of a well known camping gear suppliers.
  3. I've got an elite 5 and it's pretty decent - ******* mahoosive (and heavy) but incredibly warm, prefectly comfortable well below zero, and stays warm when quite damp too.
  4. The Outdoor Shop, Stony Stratford, Milton Keynes.

They do a stonking sale just after Christmas/New Year.

Its not the typical end of line crap that no one wants sale. They generally stock good kit so they are only clearing out last seasons stuff to make way for newer different colours. I got a Rab dossbag there for almost half price.

The Outdoor Shop - Outdoor Clothing and Equipment for Backpacking, Trekking, Rock Climbing, Mountaineering, Hill Walking, Hiking and Rambling for Adventure Travel and Outdoor Activities
  5. yeah have seen softies here which seems alright but will take heed if someone suggests a better place.but what are the 10 and 12 like as am pretty torn between the 3. Also is the elite 4 big enough or a bit restrictive Sleeping Bags.
  6. Get a softie 12, i got mine from the snugpak factory near me, got it for £50 because it has a tiny oil stain from the sewing machines, alos got a sleeka reversible for same price because it had a small union jack sewn over a tear at the base

Buy British
  7. SOFTIE 9 packs away quite small and although not the warmest in the winter will take just about what youll get thrown at you on excercise in the UK.
  8. Well, that rather depends on the size of the user. My softie feels fairly roomy, but then I am a racing snake. Fit's my 6'6" enourmousnessnessness quite well though.
  9. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

They are all good, if you need more room the expander panels are good.