Soft Skins

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by hibby, Jun 21, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it me ?,or do some of our colonial cousins still not get, that when we call them Spams,Septics,Ect: That we mean them (not too much) Disrespect,Its like calling residents of Birmingham Brum ,or Londoners, Soft, Shirt lifting ,Shandy drinking ,Southerners :twisted: .Hell, ive worked with people from all over the world, ive even let some of them buy me a beer,and the names they called me are unprintable here 8O . But then being English by birth and a Yorkshire man by the grace of god tends to give you a thick skin :D

2. and a thick head???? :D :D 8O

3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

There's nowt wrong wi' Yorkshiremen! :lol:

4. 'Yorkshire born,
    Yorkshire bred,
    Strong in t'arm
    And thick in t'ead'.

:D

5. Here,s one me old man told me
    Hear all
    see all
    say nowt
    drink all
    ate all
    pay nowt

A true Yorkie god rest his soul (IM sure he's giving J.C .a run for his money :D )

6. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

...and if ever tha does owt for nowt, do it for thissen! :lol:

7. Cheers VB :D
    The red dog has killed of a few more brain cells ,might have somthing to do with the footie :wink:

8. Yorkshire.......a beautiful piece of real estate marred only by its inhabitants. Much like Wales, really, but slightly less so. Ay Oopers. The Aussies used to call the King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry "The Fookers".

It was the only thing about your strange dialect they could make out. Everything was "fookin' this an' fookin' that." :lol:

9. I always thought it was Yorkshire on merit!

10. and deep pockets. :lol:

11. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

It really grips me that the Government introduced entirely fictitious administrative areas in 1974 in an attempt to split Yorkshire up. The true Yorkshireman still refers to the Ridings (even some of those in Sheffield, so far south they're almost cockneys), and since these are geographic areas they still exist, despite the politicians' attempts to wipe them out and assign bits of God's country to Cleveland and Humberside.

The Ridings Society maintains the rights of Yorkshire. Yorkshire Day is 01 Aug, when the following declaration is made:

Yorkshire is three Ridings and the City of York, with these Boundaries of 1124 years standing;
    that the address of all places in these Ridings is Yorkshire;
    that all persons born therein or resident therein and loyal to the Ridings are Yorkshire-men and women;
    that any person or corporate body which deliberately ignores or denies the aforementioned shall forfeit all claim to Yorkshire status.
    God Save the Queen!

It's still the finest part of all England, and so much better than a) Laandaan and b) that hideous industrial complex on t'other side of the Pennines.

Bring on the Yorkshire Assembly!

[​IMG]

12. oh yes , yorkshire contains some of the truly beautiful places this country has to offer , Leeds , Bradford ,Sheffield ,Barnsley, Rotherham.
    every last one a testament to the fine architecture and town planning that have made this a proud nation.
    oh yeah , and they're full of ragheads.

13. you can always tell out a yorkshire man, but you cant tell him owt

Rincewind

From Derbyshire but works with Dee-Dars

14. Isn't Bradford the alternative capital of Pakistan? Or was that tac HQ for Al Qaeda......? :wink:

15. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

The whole country is full of ragheads. Thankfully the opportunities for people smuggling, benefit fraud and drug-dealing are few and far between in my bit of Yorkshire, and thus the raghead population is very small, so I shall await the formation of the Assembly and the passage of Bernoulli's Law at leisure....