Sodexo to take over Military training

it has secured a new partner for its troubled Metrix military-training consortium. It is in talks with catering group Sodexo after its original partner, Land Securities, withdrew.
Right at the end of this article detailing the 'superb value for money' the sale of Qinetiq was for the UK taxpayer - no sorry that should read 'senior Qinetiq managers', you will find this interesting snippet.

I know that there are some robust opinions on arrse concerning Sodexo, what say you to them training our blokes?

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/technology/article5683362.ece

The article says Sodexo are taking Land Securities place in the consortium. As such they will be providing Estates support, they wont have anything to do with actual training.

I thought we already had SCS doing most of it for 3 Div?

Does anyone else remember RoboCop?

They do alot of the catering for offshore oil rigs, everythings on the cheap with them anything they can do to save a penny they'll do it.

in_the_cheapseats said:
I thought we already had SCS doing most of it for 3 Div?
Aka 7th UK Div, and sitting nicely alonside the coterie of former RLC officers who have formed up 105 Log Bde.

How much training will be lost during the term of this contract due to facilities not being maintained properly - in the event of injury or death as a result of the same - how long will that one take to go through the courts?

PFI - Dontcha just love it?!

sodexo are a bunch of cnuts

some young chavvish lad that works in our scoffhouse, speaks to you like a cnut ... was close to banging the civvy tw@ out last week

Really, I don't know what you're all dripping about! Have you forgotten just how much most cookhouses improved when the military chefs moved out and Sodexho moved in?? This is just the defence of the nation that we are talking about, nothing particularly important, and I for one am confident that Sodexho and partners will do just a good a job as they do on the sprouts...

le_crabe_tambour said:
They do alot of the catering for offshore oil rigs, everythings on the cheap with them anything they can do to save a penny they'll do it.
My experience of them is somewhat different but still poor.

The food and facilities are excellent. The staff, less so. The weakest link is the proliferation of supervisors and managers, but there still no-one who can operate the till or fry an egg for you.

The food is actually of the highest quality, but is occasionally ruined by poor preparation, or a chef, who is a chef in name only, who has a food hygiene certificate, but little else.

The cost to me is quite reasonable, but for every pound I spend, a whopping 63p is paid by my employer to them. That's no doubt neccessary for all those managerial salaries.

Sodexo (formerly SODEXHO? Why did they drop the 'H'?) like to operate in an environment where there is no competition, so HM, government and public services are a big draw for them. It also allows them to operate in a manner which is highly suitable and convenient for them, but not the client.

I believe they are are/were banned from tendering in several French cities because of widespread bribing of local government officials?

walt_of_the_walts said:
le_crabe_tambour said:
My experience of them is somewhat different but still poor.

The food and facilities are excellent. The staff, less so. The weakest link is the proliferation of supervisors and managers, but there still no-one who can operate the till or fry an egg for you.

The food is actually of the highest quality, but is occasionally ruined by poor preparation, or a chef, who is a chef in name only, who has a food hygiene certificate, but little else.

The cost to me is quite reasonable, but for every pound I spend, a whopping 63p is paid by my employer to them. That's no doubt neccessary for all those managerial salaries.

Sodexo (formerly SODEXHO? Why did they drop the 'H'?) like to operate in an environment where there is no competition, so HM, government and public services are a big draw for them. It also allows them to operate in a manner which is highly suitable and convenient for them, but not the client.

I believe they are are/were banned from tendering in several French cities because of widespread bribing of local government officials?
Speaking to a couple of the campbosses who work for Sodexho and they recieve a bonus if they are under budget, an incentive to cut down on the rations they put out. So instead of fillet steak read corn dog instead of parma ham read spam bunch of f*cking misers

So where does this leave TA training, given SODEXOs previous for no-one turning up for weekend duties?

Sodexo trying to rule the World again.

With their armoury of:

"Fresh" Bread (Must be eaten within 12 hours of opening, preferably before its defrosted)
Fat, Idle, under qualified, incompetent, lazy jobsworth staff (Sourced from the worlds finest interbreeding communities).
Budget that is less than .023% of their profit.

I'm sure they'll have no problems. I wonder which government minister/retiring generals will have a slice of this one?

A couple of weeks ago the bread on the table was not only still frozen but also mouldy.

I assigned 2 cadets to help get the packed lunchs, really wish we hadn't seen where they were kept, I don't think the back store area had ever been cleaned, not to mention the state of the the staffs clothing. Hygine was not a concept they were familiar with.

I pity you guys living with it every day.

This whole Metrix programme seems to be going for a ball of chalk.As a PFI programme it relies on the 'partners; raising enough cash,to get the programme underway.MoD then pays rent.Land Securities are trying to raise money via a rights issue now for their MAIN business.The head man at QinetiQ retires with his stash of cash.The whole Matrix thing is crumbling.What's plan B?