SODEXO supplier of quality horse meat to the armed forces

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by oggie, Feb 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just announced on the BBC Sodexo have been supplying horse meat to the armed forces.

The Mod In fine form responded by reducing the mile and a half run to 5 minutes, but will now include fence jumps and a water jump

• Like Like x 18
  2. Tbf most people will be suprised that sodehexo were using meat rather than chemical waste.

• Like Like x 8
  3. I refuse to believe sodexho have ever used meat.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using ARRSE mobile app

• Like Like x 1

4. on a brighter note, all future PT sessions will not have a jack wagon, instead a vet armed with a bolt gun will follow in a 4x4.

• Like Like x 1
  5. That would explain some of the food at MoD Corsham Officer's Mess...

6. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Surprised this thread took so long to appear, what with the horrors that usually emerge from the cookhouse...

7. Command_doh

That's the RLC off for a new recruitment drive to Jamaica, Nigeria and Fiji then.

8. Neigh problem!

This is in CA. Link?

9. Command_doh

10. Who gives a shit. Meat is meat, I wouldn't chose to eat horse. But then I wouldn't chose to eat all the shit they put in most processed food. People want to buy there food for pennies, and then are shocked when they get a cheap shitty product.

• Like Like x 8
  11. Because we paid for beef,
    we were told it was beef
    and we are not bloody French ffs.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yeah, what were the odds on that?

• Like Like x 1
  13. How many people could tell the difference? What harm has it done?

If you wan't Gucci food then pay for it. Out of interest, what sort of Pikey **** eats iceland frozen pound meals?

Here's a suggestion, go to the Butcher and pay a bit more. He will be able to tell you where the meat came from.

Edit - I'm also out of this. I'm about to go to the pub, and I don't care enough about this topic to argue/discuss it.

14. It is with horror I hear my old regiment is planning on changing the regimental march. This is due to the increased prancing around witnessed near the cookhouse. Not to mention the eagerness of all ranks to break into a canter at the mention of a run.

In the near future the RTR march will be "Black Beauty".

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002B2PCO4/?tag=armrumser-21