Sod hexo

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by OldRedCap, Jul 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know another version of this?
    -------
    (Tune: Tragedy - Beegees)

Here I stand, in a lost and lonely dinner queue,
    Sandwiches, in a world of work, sustain us all
    Takeaways, I just can't make it there in time,
    I really should be buying food, buying food
    Oh snack-bar queue, oh snack-bar queue

Sodhexo - when the sarnie's gone and you can't go on
    It's Sodhexo - when the baguette's shrunk and the mayo's gunk,
    It's hard to eat, I've found the pickle but where is the meat?
    Sodhexo - where the morning's rolls are cotton wool,
    It's Sodhexo - rolls decrease in size and the prices rise,
    It's hard to bear - with no chicken tikka you're goin' nowhere
    When the sarnie's gone and you can't go on

Butty-bar, there's a mealtime urge inside of me,
    Ocean flakes, with a content that's not seen the sea!
    Mayonnaise; there's tuna in there, where is it?
    It's hid beneath the cucumber, the cucumber,
    Eluding you, eluding you.

Sodhexo - when the sarnie's gone and you can't go on
    It's Sodhexo - when the baguette's shrunk and the mayo's gunk,
    It's hard to eat, I've found the mustard but where is the beef?
    Sodhexo - where the morning's rolls are cotton wool,
    It's Sodhexo - rolls decrease in size and the prices rise,
    It's hard to bear - the chicken is shaved and you'll find it nowhere
    When the sarnie's gone and you can't go on

2. I've just had the misfortune to have been in a situation where Sodexho have been "feeding" me for the past 2 weeks. Although never actually having previously eaten human excrement, I now believe I know what it would taste like.

The "people" who "work" for Sodexho clearly don't care about their work and neither do they care in any way the "food" that they produce.

I wouldn't even describe their food as food. More "food themed digestible products".

3. I agree I hate Sodexho and their evil empire of doom with shit food and high prices with serving staff that have a lower IQ than a glass of water.

4. OI thats not fair...IQ of a 2 year old maybe.

Bring back Army run Messes and Stewards. The food was still shit, but at least the messes were not about profit.

SODEXO, NAFFI SUPPORT SERVICES - (now Naafi) EUREST and ARAMARK are all rubbish.

My sister can tell you some very scary things about civvie run messes. When you have a chef, mess manager, steward 1 and who won't eat the food they serve that tells you something.

She also tells me one of the above companies does not allow bleach to be used to clean the lavatories. Infact some of the stuff she has told me in the past scares the living hell out of me.

I would not want to living and Dinning in SLA I am surprised anyone is fit enough to go to war with the sh*t your fed. Rat packs have to be better for you.

Much love to all singlies in SLA god bless you and save you. And thoes who are on courses you need it.

5. [geek]A lot of cleaning firms don't use bleach because of compensation claims for ruined clothes if it wasn't dried off / washed away properly.[/geek]

6. OK I will now type from my sisters disorganised chatter.

It has not to do with compensation claims but rather Control of Substances Hazardous to Health and the fact that they can not be bothered to fill out cosh forms for bleach, the chemicals they do use are supposed to be watered down 1-20 parts her accusation is that this is more often doubled or tripled. The chemicals used are not fit for the purpose and the staff under her charge desputed this with her several times, the staff then started to bring in there own bleach highly illegal and refused to continue working with the substances they were provided with.

This is one instance my sister has worked in this field for a long time. She says that ever year standards slip lower and lower while the men in their Ivory Towers take no notice of her and others who are embarressed to admit they are employed by these devious corrupt money grabbing companies. Who accutally now cost more to run percentage wise than the Military staff used to. Due to a few clauses in the MoD orginal contracts.

<EDIT>

Old MOD employees have to have a rise ever year and can not be made redundant. Basically they have a job for life. According to her the majority of the staff are on minium wage and these companies actively encourage the employment of thoes under 18 and 22 because they can play them less.

Contract catering for the MoD has more than a 70% turn over of staff which is the hospitalities industries yearly adverage. When you consider that a posting is two or three years that does not make sense that the majority of emplyees are dependants. Now I have her started this convo is going to go on all night wish I hadnt asked.

7. Is it disorganised because you are currently engaging her gag reflex?