• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Socks

If you really must use issue socks then exchange them when they are worn out.

Or, if you dont wear them often enough then wear them out manually, a tin of beans in the heel and the vigerous application of a scotchbrite usually does the trick.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I don't know about a shelf life but I once shared a room with a bloke whose socks had devloped into a new life form. But I suppose we've all done that.

Ok, possibly the dumbest question I've ever asked but:

Do the issue black socks have a shelf life? (issued to me in 2003).
That's a hard one to answer.

We would need to know all the other dumb questions you have asked, in order to judge how dumb this one is !

If you really must use issue socks then exchange them when they are worn out.

Or, if you dont wear them often enough then wear them out manually, a tin of beans in the heel and the vigerous application of a scotchbrite usually does the trick.
The quartermaster sergeant is wise to that trick. It's OK to request a replacement issue if your kit is damaged through FWT (fair wear & tear) but he'll spot a pair 'artificially aged" and you'll be on a charge for destroying Army property. ;-) :p (We blanket stackers aren't stupid you know.)

Latest Threads