Sock accounts; whats the position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyk

LE
I used a sock for three reasons.

1. So I could post on issues without people knowing who I was, given a fair few people know me . More of an issue when I was still going to bandcamp.

2. So I could post without scribbly dribblers wading in.

3. As a placeholder / bookmark for longer threads, such as the one discussing Ajax.

Not entirely true, in the not very distant past you've used Far_King_L to post while on ROPs plus as a way to double up negative reactions when you go on a binge of doing what you bitch about other people doing to your posts.

Personally I'm against sockpuppets on principle as the deployment is frequently a smokescreen to protect the main account and post bollocks, it's cowardly at best.
The only sockpuppets I don't care about are the true comedy ones and those are sadly very rare.

Am I missing something? As others have since pointed out, you don't need a sock account to bookmark a thread.

Indeed, just put it on anonymous watch, you don't need to post to have it on your watched threads list, there's a fair few threads I watch for the interesting content that I can't contribute to.

witsend

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Not entirely true, in the not very distant past you've used Far_King_L to post while on ROPs plus as a way to double up negative reactions when you go on a binge of doing what you bitch about other people doing to your posts.
F8C3503A-C36F-4F29-B4BC-4AFBE815EA2E.jpeg

Sock accounts?

I barely find time to use this one.

Working two jobs and my raising my two daughters takes up most of my time.

Get some really good threads on here but I struggle to keep up with them if I’m honest. Which is a shame because between the banter and the bites I find it a good source of info on most things.

If something is kicking off somewhere, then I normally come here first to get an alternative view to whatever the media is trying to churn out.

Fair play to you lads than find the time to commit to the forum.
Yes but you are five decades younger than most on here. They have to find something to do all day before the meds kick in and nurse turns off the lights.

The drama queen act is funny.
Why aren't you using your usual account?

No drama from me, I'm just asking @Helm to explain why he banned a sock account.

I'm not really sure why he isn't able to reply to a perfectly reasonable question.

Is there any reason why this isn't in the 'Why am I on ROPs, and other bellendry' thread?

Because Bravo_Bravo craves the attention, so starts a look at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thread.

You listed the 3 reasons you use a sock account, and deliberately left out the fact you've used a sock to post when on ROP's.

By the standards you apply to other people that makes you a liar.

@Arte_et_Marte has already demonstrated he’s a liar.

I’ve got a sock account. It’s been used twice: once to expose Alsacien’s biased, abusive and politically motivated Europhile moderation. And once to assist in Operation Gamelin, which successfully rid Arrse of the plague that was JohnG.

My little sock is a bally hero who deserves every medal available on Arrse. Socks can be brave too…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads