Sock accounts; whats the position?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have Bleeps as brew bitches. Any comms is done by RLC Driver/Rad Ops or Vodaphone.

They're not there for the comms, are they? They're there for the bits that require intelligent people to operate. As for "brew bitches", well any self-respecting Scaley's gonna have a kettle, otherwise they're doing it wrongly :D

witsend

War Hero
Book Reviewer
38F882A1-BDAB-496D-9C90-D02D7FE120A8.jpeg

They're not there for the comms, are they? They're there for the bits that require intelligent people to operate. As for "brew bitches", well any self-respecting Scaley's gonna have a kettle, otherwise they're doing it wrongly :D

I’m always joking about them being brew bitches and are an invaluable part of the team. Although they specifically deal with the command threat, they have to have a good understanding of all threats so that they can react to the command threat, have the confidence to rule it out and provide measures that preclude it from being used in subsequent attacks.

Whilst I take the piss, never underestimate how much I value ECM operators or other members of the team for the matter. I may have had to take one man risk when approaching a device, but I’d never get there without a team effort and I’d never complete an RSP without a team effort.

As an aside, I’ve never asked anyone to make a brew for me in the whole of my military career.

So, the last time I saw a button bashing frenzy like Bravo_Bravo’s was when trying to beat Daley Thompson’s Decathlon on the ZX81.

(Yes, I’m that old).

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
As an aside, I’ve never asked anyone to make a brew for me in the whole of my military career.
Ordered? Demanded? Commanded?

Ordered? Demanded? Commanded?

No. I might ask them to make a brew for a visiting guest, but never just for myself.

When I did my first NCO cadre (Mar 93) one lesson really sticks in my mind. It was about orders and including what is an illegal order. I may not have this absolutely clear, but it was something along the lines that anything that solely benefits the individual giving the order is illegal. One of the examples given was an officer ordering someone to walk their dog. Since then I’ve always thought getting someone to make me a brew was wrong.

Still butthurt from me calling out your lie, eh?

As you say:

You’re the one that’s been highlighted as a liar. Arte et Marte’s previous post refers.

Have you considered moderating your disgraceful behaviour?

I am not here to debate this with you. I am not interested in you, your posts or your endless complaints as you attempt to weasle out of sanctions, something you always do.
I don't*, but why let facts interfere with your rant.

it's all I have to say to on the matter.
In all seriousness, given your state of health you should not be spending time here arguing.

I'm asking helm to explain why he banned FKL, given there is no rule against sock accounts.

*To be fair, I did question an alcohol-fuelled decision by one Mod to ban me for 47 years. The ban was overturned.

You’re the one that’s been highlighted as a liar. Arte et Marte’s previous post refers.

Have you considered moderating your disgraceful behaviour?
No, he made some statements that don't actually stand up to scrutiny.

You lied because another bloke lied to you, and you just repeated the lie. Without checking.

Any chance you can continue venting your spleen in the thread specifically designed for angry bloke ranting? You do seem to be doing it quite a bit of late.

You lied because another bloke lied to you, and you just repeated the lie. Without checking.

Any chance you can continue venting your spleen in the thread specifically designed for angry bloke ranting? You do seem to be doing it quite a bit of late.

Wow! Bit teary.

No. I might ask them to make a brew for a visiting guest, but never just for myself.

When I did my first NCO cadre (Mar 93) one lesson really sticks in my mind. It was about orders and including what is an illegal order. I may not have this absolutely clear, but it was something along the lines that anything that solely benefits the individual giving the order is illegal. One of the examples given was an officer ordering someone to walk their dog. Since then I’ve always thought getting someone to make me a brew was wrong.
We were given an example as 15/16 year olds at JLR RE at Dove in 1971r of an officer or warrant officer ordering you to bull his shoes and Sam Browne but the amount of times it subsequently happened was too numerous to count.

We were given an example as 15/16 year olds at JLR RE at Dove in 1971r of an officer or warrant officer ordering you to bull his shoes and Sam Browne but the amount of times it subsequently happened was too numerous to count.
Different times different standards

Arte_et_Marte

ADC

I made a statement that stands. You lied. You attempted to pull the wool over people's eyes with regard to why you should have a sock, you stated that you needed it to visit topics away from NAAFI, but in fact you used your sock account in the same way you use your main account, regardless of where you visited. For argumentative baiting.

Again. Breakdown of your last 80 sock account posts. 19 of those were away from NAAFI, but 5 of those posts were jibes at others. Fact.

You just can't help yourself.

By the way, my health has fuck all to do with you.

I made a statement that stands. You lied. You attempted to pull the wool over people's eyes with regard to why you should have a sock, you stated that you needed it to visit topics away from NAAFI, but in fact you used your sock account in the same way you use your main account, regardless of where you visited. For argumentative baiting.

Again. Breakdown of your last 80 sock account posts. 19 of those were away from NAAFI, but 5 of those posts were jibes at others. Fact.

You just can't help yourself.

By the way, my health has fuck all to do with you.
I'm not going to argue with you.

Your posts are inaccurate and misleading. FKL has made one post this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.