Status
Not open for further replies.

Endoscope

LE
Book Reviewer
crying-baby-istock660.jpg

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Himmler tried again today with Roadwarrior, referring to me by name and using my pic as it’s avatar. How thick and obsessed can you be?
Who ever it was, they didn't last long old boy. I really hope that my treating it as spam, fucked up their normal IP log in as well.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Himmler tried again today with Roadwarrior, referring to me by name and using my pic as it’s avatar. How thick and obsessed can you be?

That was someone based in Birmingham as far as I can tell.

That was someone based in Birmingham as far as I can tell.

You mean I’ve been mugged off by a brummie? FFS how embarrassing, I’ll never be able to look at a packet of pork scratchings the same way again.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Who ever it was, they didn't last long old boy. I really hope that my treating it as spam, fucked up their normal IP log in as well.

I wondered that when I zapped the Binman account, but the shared IP users were still posting next day.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
I wondered that when I zapped the Binman account, but the shared IP users were still posting next day.

Think that may only be where it's a static IP and only one shared user. People who post from their 'phone and use 3, EE and the like tend to all share a common IP. I imagine DII (or whatever it's called now) would be the same and one smiting could take out a fifth of the site's users.

Sock/alternate account - weak and annoying but fine by me.

Sock to get around ROPs - banned.

^My understanding.

A lot of us have sock accounts. They can be useful for bookmarking particular threads you're keeping an eye on as well as allowing a more "playful" of less professional account to contribute in the more relaxed forums.

The problem comes when a member uses that account to circumvent the RoP sanctions.

So long as that's not the case I see no reason to ban it.
So no "site rule" banning sock accounts.

@Helm , why did you ban my sock account?

Think that may only be where it's a static IP and only one shared user. People who post from their 'phone and use 3, EE and the like tend to all share a common IP. I imagine DII (or whatever it's called now) would be the same and one smiting could take out a fifth of the site's users.
More like the five site users who are actually SP.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
So no "site rule" banning sock accounts.

@Helm , why did you ban my sock account?
You whining creature are you still bleating about that. Deal with it. AFAIK it's not the thing to have a sock account, why don't you kick it up to admin if you're that bothered instead of snivelling like a child about it.

You whining creature are you still bleating about that. Deal with it. AFAIK it's not the thing to have a sock account, why don't you kick it up to admin if you're that bothered instead of snivelling like a child about it.
Defensive, much?

I'm just asking you to justify / back up your action.

Its not the thing to have a sock account? Tell the other Mods that do.

You said it was for breaking site rules; which rules did I break? Simple, fair question, easily answered.

Last edited:

It’s called Carrier Grade Network Address Translation, or CGNAT. Each IPv4 address can have 64K ports associated with it. At any one time, a user will only use say 100 ports, so you’re wasting 99 percent of your address capacity. CGNAT assigns say ports 1024-1123 to user A, 1124-1223 to user B etc. Some versions even dynamically assign ports as required, so you could have thousands of users all sharing the same IP address.

This was originally developed for mobile networks, but is increasingly being applied to fixed networks, as IP address space (v4) is used up.

Another aspect especially for mobile networks is that the gateway that connects to the internet can also be variable. My home internet runs on T-Mobile 5G. One minute I am in Nashville, Kansas City the next and then Bellevue, Washington.

I’d be interested to see what the Arrse software makes of that. Could a kindly mod have a look at my login details and let me know how many different IPs I’ve used please? I would expect you would see AT&T (mobile) and T-Mo, but several addresses for both. @Sixty @Boris_Johnson @Arte_et_Marte.

It’s called Carrier Grade Network Address Translation, or CGNAT. Each IPv4 address can have 64K ports associated with it. At any one time, a user will only use say 100 ports, so you’re wasting 99 percent of your address capacity. CGNAT assigns say ports 1024-1123 to user A, 1124-1223 to user B etc. Some versions even dynamically assign ports as required, so you could have thousands of users all sharing the same IP address.

This was originally developed for mobile networks, but is increasingly being applied to fixed networks, as IP address space (v4) is used up.

Another aspect especially for mobile networks is that the gateway that connects to the internet can also be variable. My home internet runs on T-Mobile 5G. One minute I am in Nashville, Kansas City the next and then Bellevue, Washington.

I’d be interested to see what the Arrse software makes of that. Could a kindly mod have a look at my login details and let me know how many different IPs I’ve used please? I would expect you would see AT&T (mobile) and T-Mo, but several addresses for both. @Sixty @Boris_Johnson @Arte_et_Marte.

Farking hell, it’s like words, but none I understand.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek :grin:

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer

You have literally hundreds recorded. Screengrab (with IPs redacted) below:

QrpBvw6.png

Normal people - No sock account, have the moral fortitude to live with their online persona*

Sub Normal people - Sock account, sock account banned by Helm - action

”Helm banned my sock account, the fücking cünt”

”I’ll start a new sock account, User Name - Helm blows goats”

”Avatar”

1634731512396.jpeg

“Profile comment - Helm fücks models - plastic ones. Glue your fingers to ypur face you double bastard”.

Bravo_Bravo “Helm banned my cowardly sock account”

1634731714004.jpeg

“start a thread in a misplaced effort to make a regain after being a chod and to look at me, look at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee”

”Keep badgering the Mods“

1634731918957.jpeg

*The only decent reason to have a sock is for a good old windup. Ref @verticalgyro & @CH512O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads