Societies worse off when they have God on their side

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by poet, Oct 1, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. RELIGIOUS belief can cause damage to a society, contributing towards high murder rates, abortion, sexual promiscuity and suicide, according to research published today.

According to the study, belief in and worship of God are not only unnecessary for a healthy society but may actually contribute to social problems.

2. One thing that annoyed the Toms in WW1 was the German belt buckle motto 'Got Mit Uns'. Tommy thought God would make his own mind up.
  3. About time somebody had the balls to stand up and say it out loud.

Religion is ARRSE...!!
  4. Dieu et mon droit is different ?
  5. Yes, the basis of every good communist society. Of course they never experience any of those societal problems.
  6. Yes. It is a statement of what God has done, not an assumption that God agrees with what the king is doing.
  7. God with us

God and my right

Which one states what God has done?

Which one states that God agrees with what the king is doing?
  8. Worry not RCsignals.

Lairdx is with you.
  9. [​IMG]
  10. The motto comes from some long dead chap who was asked why he was king. His reply was that God had mean't him to be king, and it was his right through birth. That is different from saying God agrees with everything he does. I suspect that the king in question was the one nicknamed Hammer of the Scots, in which case given Scottish history, God did not approve of what he was doing.
  11. Isn't that the wrong way around?
  12. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

And here was me thinking that communism was based on a system of social organization and a political movement based on common ownership of the means of production.
  13. well there you go then, now you know
  14. That could well be, it was explained to me though as "through God and my right of birth"
    Subtle difference. I guess we can't ask him now :lol: