Social workers

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Fang_Farrier, Nov 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Twats, could find their own arse with both hands.

Just received this as the starting sentence in an Email

"Having been told that there would be a disruption to contact this week but then informed that this was not the case last week, I was a little confused to be told again this morning that there were changes to contact this week."

What the feck. Completely pissed off with their infighting and their total inability to make a decision.

• Like Like x 1
  2. To understand your point of view better some background might be necessary. What's the gen?

3. You would insist on living outside the civilised world. North of Glasgow can be viewed as dumping ground, for persons unable to complete a caseload. If it is any consolation even Ullapool has some bad uns.

4. Fang_Farrier

Nothing too much, do foster care, they constantly change times and dates of when contact takes place. Contact being a meeting between child and birth parent.

Reply above was received in answer to a query asking for clarification of times and dates for next week's meetings. That came from the social worker that's meant to be in charge.

Just a general fecking hate social workers rant really.

5. You could see it from their side, big caseload trying to catch clients and placements to arrange timings. If you want to rant HRMC need a good shoeing right now.

6. Fang_Farrier

Am trying very hard to see it from their side, but when two of the gits are each telling you different things and they work in the same office, it gets a little hard to believe that they are communicating like trained professionals!

7. I sympathise with you, my aunt does voluntary foster care too and she is constantly let down by them. In fairness they are swamped though.

8. Ah you have made the mistake that they are trained/qualified. Once apon a time, there was two tier social workers qualified got more dosh the others less. An example, labour council with a then labour Government made them equal, bit of a insult to those who studied their trade compared to those onthejob staff.

Of course clarifcation by including both of them on the same email might = Fang happier.

9. So, this fostering lark then. Are you allowed to tamper with the kids? Perk of the job, kind of thing?

Just asking like. For a friend. Black nasty's a helluva price these days, don't you think?

10. I wouldn't do this job for anything, underpaid and overworked with someone constantly second guessing you, managers addicted to process and best practice. Fuck up and you're on the front page of the Daily Mail despite all the ticks in the box.

I'd be an anti social worker like a shot though, how do I apply?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Try being a family/friends foster carer,they hate us.:)

12. Oh how true. Childrens Services did all they could to get my grand daughter away from me and into care, even though they were the ones who had placed her in my care in the first place. Twats.

• Like Like x 1
  13. They are totally useless and a waste of money and oxygen.

14. correct it for grammar and/or spelling and send it back to be corrected so that you can respond to it! Or respond, but in similarly shite fashion requiring them to get a 14 year old in to translate!

15. I shagged a social worker a couple of years back, whats the terminology for the ones who look after spazmos in college?