Social Tenants, Big Issue, Credit Referencing and More affordable housing

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BounceBanana, May 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. here is the quote:

    "Today it has been revealed that social landlords are planning to hand over rental payment data to a credit ratings giant, in an attempt to help social tenants build their credit histories and access more affordable housing.

    Later this month Experian and the social investment arm of The Big Issue “Big Issue Invest” will be launching the national scheme – where Experian will collect data, including tenant’s names, addresses and history of rent payments to create a real-time rental database that will aim to establish or improve a tenants existing credit rating based on their track record of regular rental payments.
    Tenants; Do you have credibility?

    With some of the biggest housing associations (in England) on board, the plan is to use the free service to help tackle loan sharks and doorstep lenders by making these details readily available to social landlords and lenders.
    Big Issue Invest have said the scheme will improve credit decisions for the 30% of social tenants without a rating, and would also benefit the remaining 70% who do have one. It should not reduce credit ratings of tenants in rent arrears.
    Sarah Forster, director of development at Big Issue Invest, said: ‘I hope this is scaled-up nationally so all tenants can share data. Using rental payments data could be the credit scoring method of the future for social tenants.’"

    I guess this is something to do with the rent arrears increases and the so called bedroom tax due to IDS and Lord Fraud's Universal Credit ideas. "Help moving to more affordable housing". Ha ha ha.
  2. Never mind that, the tradition of the FA cup final being the last game of the season and kicking off at 3pm is being destroyed! I blame Thatcher.....
  3. Might make some beef burgers.
  4. And BBQ them for the cup final? Its tradition
  5. I'd no idea it was the cup final. No I'm making some for the camping club meet.
  6. What!!!! You gay or something???
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Only football I watch is the World Cup.
  8. Fixed, FOC:)
    • Like Like x 1

  9. For the Beautiful Game or your **** Bank?

    Spooky, though, we're having burgers tonight with all the onions, gherkins and gloop.
  10. No idea why really, patriotism maybe.
    I've only been to one football match I was bored.
    I did use to enjoy playing but was never any good.
  11. Only footy game I enjoyed was when I was about 10.

    I booted the ball out as high and far as I could to the other end of the playground.

    Where one of the teachers was twirling a line of little girls, propellor fashion..... we watched with horror as it descended in a deep arc and bounced off her head, about 20 feet up again.

    When she got up from the ground, I got a mega bollocking and accused of doing it deliberately.

    Christ, if I could have done that on a regular basis, we would have stuffed the Germans 18-2 in 1966.
  12. I was terrible at sport at school, very short sighted, refused to wear my glasses and I'm left handed.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. What! No eggs?

  14. Can you bee sure there is no equine adulteration?