ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Social media is it Toxic Bubble...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by halo_jones, Jun 26, 2016.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nemesis44UK

Nemesis44UK LE Book Reviewer

[QUOTE="Simmerit, post: 7889264, member: 136127"

So yep No problem with the number.[/QUOTE]

Astonishing when you think that only 2.6 billion people have access to the internet. Still, I suppose it all adds up when you think about it.

2. Nemesis44UK

Nemesis44UK LE Book Reviewer

My personal point of view is that social media is extremely toxic. Cyber-bullying is a horrible thing. In my day, when you went home, that was the end of any bullying until the next day. These days, the bullies can reach inside you when you're tucked up in bed. I'm glad I'm not going to school these days.

• Like Like x 2
  3. So, fresh with her renewed mandate; Mrs May has taken aim at one of her persistent targets: The Internet.

Theresa May to launch extreme internet plans despite not winning majority

She was thundering on the campaign trail:
    Serious policy for the future? Or campaign boogeyman to win some votes?

(Although I had to chuckle. Whilst the post-election fever was being commented on, Sky News reported MPs were chatting via whatsapp about Mrs May's future. I did think at the time, "bet they are glad of end-to-end encryption now").

• Like Like x 1

4. That's aliens you're thinking of.

• Informative Informative x 1