Social Life for A Squaddie

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Every single waking moment when off duty.

To quantify that a bit:

Every day, if you wanted.

You'll stand down at around 1500hrs-1600hrs and regardless of the day of the week, you might be on the lash three hours later. Doesn't matter if you're working the next day.

Social life is not in shortage in the army.

Suitable treatment for STD's is, but that's part and parcel of the social life you'll experience.

This again? So soon after the last almost identical enquiry...?

No wonder @jarrod248 , keeper of the sacred mud search button, doesn't come around here much anymore...

No wonder @jarrod248 , keeper of the sacred mud search button, doesn't come around here much anymore...
Honestly mate, all my friend have fucked off to Uni and rave about how great the social aspect of it is and like to constantly tell me I won’t get that in the army. While I won’t let it stop me I would like to know If I get to have a social life and have fun if that’s makes sense. As a 19 year old, while it’s not the be all and end all, it has been on my mind.

If going out down town is your thing then you will love it. However from what little attention I have been paying to it, I seem to recall something about going on the lash every night is now frowned upon by the grown up folks.

Honestly mate, all my friend have fucked off to Uni and rave about how great the social aspect of it is and like to constantly tell me I won’t get that in the army. While I won’t let it stop me I would like to know If I get to have a social life and have fun if that’s makes sense. As a 19 year old, while it’s not the be all and end all, it has been on my mind.
You may find this will not stay around Current Affairs for very long.

Did no-one post enough info whilst informing of all the other stuff that one can do at weekends on the "What can I do at weekends" thread? A thread which you must be aware of, even without the sacred search function, since you started it...

How often do soldiers, especially infantry, based in the UK go out to the pub or local town/city on weekends?
You have already asked

By the same OP

A mate was telling me a while back that his lad is a a US Army Captain. He told his Dad that the had inter company game console challenges going on via the camp internet system plugged into the rooms. He reckons the guys don't relax the same way the old timers did.

These days it's more an hour or so in the gym then after a shower maybe chilling with a couple of beers while playing X box on the inter company league. The young guys aren't going out every night and are saving a ton of cash.

I say good luck to them, they've chosen a hard profession in a time when we now seem to have more enemies than I ever remembered in my time in the distant past.

I had to force my kids out for section piss up, playstations games controlled their life, and some of those games aren't cheap

I had to force my kids out for section piss up, playstations games controlled their life, and some of those games aren't cheap
Thing is RT, they aren't like how we were, times and attitudes change mate. I reckon that if we had the internet and games technology back then I'd probably have gone out a lot less as well.

Spring and Summer, we used to play football most nights after work before going on the lash.

Thing is RT, they aren't like how we were, times and attitudes change mate. I reckon that if we had the internet and games technology back then I'd probably have gone out a lot less as well.

Spring and Summer, we used to play football most nights after work before going on the lash.
We had to eat, change then bar, nig buys first round. My stripey used to go mad if you didn't spend your LOA in the WKSP bar.... It was 85 Dabs for fuck sake

Latest Threads