Soapbox

Discussion in 'ArmyNet Announcements' started by ArmyNET_Assistance, Jan 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got a problem or comment about ArmyNET and want to get it off of your chest? Get it in this thread and we will do the best to provide you with an answer.

2. msr

msr LE

More a suggestion really: is there any way you could group all the TA related stuff together? This would mean a quick trip to armynet to see what is new (e.g. quals for blank firing, FMT600s need re-famming after 10 years, etc) in a simple to view format?

msr

3. When are you going to link JPA to Armynet would make administration much easier for us all - given we all have to administer ourselves now!

Oh and being able to access the British Army Library service external to mod establishments would help as well.

Of course if we could access DII desktop and catch our mails you would have a near perfect system

Other than that its fine really :)

4. Can i just clarify are you after

Army Library and Info Services (front page under popular pages)

Or

The Army Electronic Library

If its the later, the last update disc we received had coding errors which result in an error when loading and we await a fix from the supplier.

5. If the respective information owners want to put this info on ArmyNET I'd be more than happy to assist them in producing the pages. Maybe something could be worked up with the RTMC who have some info on Army Web.

6. Request a ArmyNET sharepoint site, its very easy to add content and keep it updated. Their are several TA sharepoint sites at the moment for RSigs and RMP, Signals (Reservist) is here (it is a work in progress site)

https://wss.armynet.mod.uk/sites/rsigs/corps/reservist/default.aspx

You will need to create a sharepoint password for your account first via normal armyNET

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

It would be nice if exservice persons could have limited access!

8. I have, each serving can add 6 guests ?.

9. I joined the TA in March last year and my pay information still doesnt come up, why is this?

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Ok I need to be a guest then, any offers?

11. This is probably me just being a bit thick but!

If for instance I access my pay statement or go to the forums page for a gander I can't seem to link straight back to the home page. This means that I have to use the back button or just start again, on my browser this means going through the login process (again).

Like I say, this could just be me not being too bright but if not it actually makes me spend less time on the site as I just can't be bothered doing things twice. On here wherever you are there is always a quick method to get back to the main/home/index page and it makes life a tad easier for numpties such as me.

12. On the pay page (where the statement should be) there is an faq link which list the reasons why we may not have your statement. If you still think it should be showing i would ask your RAO to investigate.

13. To clarify, you lose the top banner whenever you navigate the site.

Can you give me some system details OS version, browser etc

14. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I'm happy to if you want to PM me an email address. Will also need a name but you can make one up if you're more comfortable with that.

15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Thanks, I've PM'd Andy Paddock! If I get no joy I'll take you up on it!