SO19 about to do a Waco job ?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Cutaway, Mar 14, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

It all started this morning.
    I received a call on the mobile from a biblical friend who asked what was up with the landline.
    I tried the phone & it appeared to work fine from my end, but apparently it was inaccessible from outside.

Anyway, I arced the pc up to check my mail and was informed, "The connection was refused when attempting to contact"
    Ok I thought, Gatesy's buggered it again, I'll try e-bay. So...... "The connection was refused when attempting to contact"

Arrse and all other sites were accessible without problem, so it set both my little grey cells whirling around each other.
    Had I inadvertently typed in some keywords that set a nineteen year old Cheltenham 'operator' off in a flat spin ?
    Was ordering an airline ticket to London now considered something covered by Bliar's new Terrorism Bill ?
    Could the 8" diameter 'Big Bubba from B-Block' anal intruder that I bought 'slightly soiled' on ebay now classed a a weapon of mass destruction ?

Should I expect a group of blue-clad, gun-happy plods to abseil through the windows at any time or am I being too distrustful of The Glorious Leader's government of openness ?

Has anyone else had problems with certain sites today ?
    Oh, top tip - don't e-mail your answer to me ! :lol:
  2. Cuts.......have you been smoking something?
  3. Is there a Chrysler Voyager or Range Rover "Vogue" with tinted windows parked across the street?
    Did your milk/post get delivered at the normal time?
    Are BT/Powergen/British Gas digging up the road outside?

Keep your crashbag handy! :wink:
  4. Cuts

MSN Hotmail has been fcuked up for days. No conspiracy I fear

Are you hearing voices? :roll:
  5. Dont let Oz lull you into a false sense of security, he is clearly "on side"
    Hammer some 6" nails through your doors around the lock/handle area. Tear up the floorboards in front of your windows. Set tripwires across all door/passageways. Turn the gas on. Get up into the loft, and hide in the watertank.
  6. It seems to me that it is secure sites which are causing you the problem
    Here's another to try

If you can't access that, I'd suggest it is a problem with your PC (or possibly firewall).

7. you forgot the pizza delivery van and the Florist van turning up at regular intervals
  8. Have a look behind all the pictures in your house, any small holes in the walls...........

Start to use a different route home each night...................
  9. Have you installed anything of a "security" type nature of late?
    Or played about with your browser setting?

It sounds as though you may be having a problem with cookies.

(many apologies for serious nature of response, I suggest also that you immediately line the inside of your computer room with tin foil and egg boxes)
  10. maybe you subscribe to all them dungeon and surgicalequipment, magazines

:wink: :lol:
  11. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Done all that, the pc is taped into a placcy bag & I'm breathing through a straw while bombing up mags.
    Got red phos & gelled fuel tripwired outside & the pitbulls, suitably starved, have been hung feet first from the ceiling.

So far so good, but I'm on hard routine as the crabs wouldn't let me have any hexy.

Anything else or should I try some of the other explanations offered ?