SO1 REME Wing MCM DIV " I wont sacrifice Quality"

Discussion in 'REME' started by jockster, Feb 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Firstly, well done to all who pick up thier badge today and my commiserations to those who missed out this time and also to those who were fcuked over by the new promotion rules and failed to even board.

However, according to my maths, over 90% of those who boarded, picked up( every Art Veh picked up 8O ) as apposed to just over 57% last year. Now, our SO1 up in Glasgee, categoricaly stated that "under no circumstances will he promote just to fill vacancies and he would not, repeat not, sacrifice quality for quanity"

edited once for being a twat
  2. They obviously all made it over the quality line thats all. No doubt if those that were shafted hadn't been then the results would differ.

Its not rocket science and Im pretty sure its not a conspiracy to drag down the Corps from within.
  3. Come on Sparky, even you must agree its pretty suspect. Every single Art Veh picked up, when has that ever happened before now. :?
  4. Some of us are crap - the rest of you are great.

I blame Gordon Brown.
  5. Honestly pal I don't think its suspect.

I realise that I seem to sound like a yes man when I post on here but I don't think everything is doom and gloom and I don't think we're being stimmied from above.

One other thgought I have is that blind acusations or insinnuations do nothing but break down our fabric. Those lads who pick up should have their chests bursting with pride today, they have achieved something that is quite special. For others to belittle that on a technicality seems a bit harsh.
  6. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Snipped. Don't worry, I won't be posting in the REME forum again.
  7. Sparky, do you ever do any bluddy work?
  8. Sparky, don't get me wrong, I am over the moon for everyone that picked up, they unquestionably deserve it, I hope they are all in the mess right now getting hand shakes all round.
    My problem is that how a SO1 can say one thing and then (as everybody thought it would) happen the complete opposite. The numbers dont lie.
  9. Hahahahahahahahahahacnut!
  10. The truth is that the SO1 meant what he said. Sadly whilst he can hold this view and be quite right in doing so, he does not actually control the selection board, nor can he really predict its' outcome. In many ways it is often better to say nothing when in Glasgee, but then you are likely to be accussed of - well saying nothing. Now we mustn't be sorry for these guys/girls either, they should just be more circumspect with what they do say.
  11. :? I thought he chaired the fcuker!
  12. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Snipped. Don't worry, I won't be posting in the REME forum again.
  13. Did you?
  14. Hahaha, you pair of cnuts!

15. Jester it is of course not the importance of winning but taking part that counts. 8O