SO1 REME Wing MCM DIV " I wont sacrifice Quality"

Firstly, well done to all who pick up thier badge today and my commiserations to those who missed out this time and also to those who were fcuked over by the new promotion rules and failed to even board.

However, according to my maths, over 90% of those who boarded, picked up( every Art Veh picked up 8O ) as apposed to just over 57% last year. Now, our SO1 up in Glasgee, categoricaly stated that "under no circumstances will he promote just to fill vacancies and he would not, repeat not, sacrifice quality for quanity"

edited once for being a twat

They obviously all made it over the quality line thats all. No doubt if those that were shafted hadn't been then the results would differ.

Its not rocket science and Im pretty sure its not a conspiracy to drag down the Corps from within.

Come on Sparky, even you must agree its pretty suspect. Every single Art Veh picked up, when has that ever happened before now. :?

verticalgyro said:
On the other hand, only one Art Av picked up, none Art Ac although Six Tech Ac and one Tech Av picked up - if the exce sheet has the trades correct, which isn't always the case.

Interesting.

I would like these figures explaining as well.
Some of us are crap - the rest of you are great.

Simples.

I blame Gordon Brown.

Honestly pal I don't think its suspect.

I realise that I seem to sound like a yes man when I post on here but I don't think everything is doom and gloom and I don't think we're being stimmied from above.

One other thgought I have is that blind acusations or insinnuations do nothing but break down our fabric. Those lads who pick up should have their chests bursting with pride today, they have achieved something that is quite special. For others to belittle that on a technicality seems a bit harsh.

sparky8 said:
Honestly pal I don't think its suspect.

I realise that I seem to sound like a yes man when I post on here but I don't think everything is doom and gloom and I don't think we're being stimmied from above.

One other thgought I have is that blind acusations or insinnuations do nothing but break down our fabric. Those lads who pick up should have their chests bursting with pride today, they have achieved something that is quite special. For others to belittle that on a technicality seems a bit harsh.
Sparky, don't get me wrong, I am over the moon for everyone that picked up, they unquestionably deserve it, I hope they are all in the mess right now getting hand shakes all round.
My problem is that how a SO1 can say one thing and then (as everybody thought it would) happen the complete opposite. The numbers dont lie.

jockster said:
My problem is that how a SO1 can say one thing and then (as everybody thought it would) happen the complete opposite. The numbers dont lie.
The truth is that the SO1 meant what he said. Sadly whilst he can hold this view and be quite right in doing so, he does not actually control the selection board, nor can he really predict its' outcome. In many ways it is often better to say nothing when in Glasgee, but then you are likely to be accussed of - well saying nothing. Now we mustn't be sorry for these guys/girls either, they should just be more circumspect with what they do say.

Outstanding said:
jockster said:
The truth is that the SO1 meant what he said. Sadly whilst he can hold this view and be quite right in doing so, he does not actually control the selection board, nor can he really predict its' outcome. In many ways it is often better to say nothing when in Glasgee, but then you are likely to be accussed of - well saying nothing. Now we mustn't be sorry for these guys/girls either, they should just be more circumspect with what they do say.
:? I thought he chaired the fcuker!

JesterRIP said:
Hahaha, you pair of cnuts!

Fugly, I prefer to think of it as coming 'Second out of all the aviation artificers on the board' :D
Jester it is of course not the importance of winning but taking part that counts. 8O

Folks,

To endorse "Outstandings" posts:

Although the SO1 may chair some of the boards there are 4 Offrs/WOs from the field force who also score the individuals - marks out of 10. So he has 20% of the say and must grade within 1.5 marks of all others.

For vacancy promotion the number who promote is dictated by the number of vacancies that are predicted to appear in the higher rank in the next promotion year. These vacancies will occur due to promotions, commissions, discharges, PVR etc.

The quality line is set across the ARMY at 30 points, an average of 6 per board member - anyone who scores less will not promote even if a vacancy exists.

In some trades & ranks you may have say 20 predicted vacancies and say 100 that go to the board - you would probably need really strong reports and significant length of service to get into the top 20. Scores well over say 36 may be needed, more if you have not had much service compared to the rest.

In other trades e.g. Art Veh SSgt to WO2 perhaps you have 40 vacancies and only 35 who went to the board. If so, all who score 30 points or above will promote. If one of those 35 runners scores under 30 he will not promote and a WO2 vacancy will be preferred to promoting an unworthy SSgt. So in this example the Corps will have 6 unfilled WO2 posts with 34 promoting and one not. They may seek permission to fill such Art Veh WO2 posts with other Art trades such as Wpns or EC if the employing unit agrees and the manning situation with these trades allows it.

Due to different ratios of vacancies vs strength in each trade its harder to promote in one trade than another. This is due to the distribution of specific trades and ranks across unit establishments not allowing each trades liability across units to be a perfect pyramid by rank. There is fast promotion up to Sgt in many trades due to undermanning and then it can be dead man's shoes. None of this is Glasgee's fault. Its the manning situation and what establishment liability has been agreed between the Armty and Corps HQ. APC just applies the policy they are given to implement by others.

Well we knew today was going to get the majority of us dripping, I know I have been since the rule change. At least we have another 12 months of jumping through hoops till next years board. Looking at the list of people that had insufficient seniority this time around, next year will be more cut throat. Lets face it, for the quality line you have to be above average 6/10 and if you don't achieve this after 4 years in rank you should be violated with track pins.
To me the numbers just don't make sense I mean not one tiffy weapons was above the quality line! I realise there are issues in the armourer CEG but by not promoting the tiffy's doesn't send out a good message of a fruitful career path no matter how good you are at Warhammer! I believe this whole saga hasn't been handled well, as the only explanation I have seen was the letter on MS. An article/paragraph in the crafty or even the REME journal wouldn't go a miss instead of all the usual spin/pish.
There is always acting rank but unless you are lucky enough to be at a unit than can facilitate this, or you are good at chasing eggs it aint happening.
Anyway we have DES 3 to look forward to, Hopefully it will consist of charts that need filling in. In my 20 years in the corps(in block capitals to keep Nige happy) our basic job hasn't changed(troops break kit then we fix-Simples) but we need a book the size of war and peace to tell us how.
That's it I am off to join the Bolivian air force as apparently bluffers thrive there!

tonk said:
To me the numbers just don't make sense I mean not one tiffy weapons was above the quality line! I realise there are issues in the armourer CEG but by not promoting the tiffy's doesn't send out a good message of a fruitful career path no matter how good you are at Warhammer!
You have to be in it to win it. There were no Wiffys loaded according to the 'who's going to the board spreadsheet'.
There will be at least 6 vacancies from the gaps after the last WO1 board and not one blerk to step up. (They can't even pretend someone was promoted after the board as a 'reserve' because we know who went to it) You know as well as i however that SSgts not deemed worthy to even go near a board will move to WO posts, they cannot afford to gap those particular positions.
This extra year has murdered the Wpns CEG who like their Greenie & Blackie cousins finish very close to the wrong side of that As At date effectively forcing just short of 5 years in Rank before they are even promotable (and there is a year window to do it in too).
Still can't make you pregnant eh (though not for trying with the shafting getting worse)

Latest Threads