So........

......being convicted as a Drunk Driver will stop you from getting your LS&GC - or have it taken back at least, but not from getting promoted to Lt Col....

See the pink list for more details...

Santa_Sunday said:
......being convicted as a Drunk Driver will stop you from getting your LS&GC - or have it taken back at least, but not from getting promoted to Lt Col....
Isn't that a key feature of the Rehabilitation of offenders act though? Once you've done your time like a man, you are allowed to carry on from where you were. If promotion eligibility was cancelled based on a spent conviction then the MOD would get its ass kicked in court. LS&GC doesn't follow those rules - it's up to some shady arbitration panel (probably a clerk in the medals office who enjoys having a laugh at regimental conduct sheets)

Although it can´t stop promotion, i´d imagine it would prevent him being a CO of a regiment.

Yoou can hardly punish a bloke for DD if you yourself were a convicted knob head (of the same offence).

Prey tell more.

As its is LS&GC its not going to be a DE officer is it. Chances are this is the LE list and I think I know the one you mean, top bloke as it goes.

Its great having an ivory tower to sit in, though a day out is recommended.

chocolate_frog said:
Yoou can hardly punish a bloke for DD if you yourself were a convicted knob head (of the same offence).
Like starting a war in the middle east, then going out there as a peace envoy?

It does smack of silliness diesb´t it PD. Bit like his mrs claiming he will volunteer for "dangerous" jobs. I thought he was a peace envoy not a TA Tom in a fire team.

chocolate_frog said:
Although it can´t stop promotion, i´d imagine it would prevent him being a CO of a regiment.

Prey tell more.
Who's the 'knob head'.....??

Santa_Sunday said:
Who's the 'knob head'.....??
Anyone who drinks and drives, regardless of whether they are convicted or not, IMHO.

Latest Threads