• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

So........

......being convicted as a Drunk Driver will stop you from getting your LS&GC - or have it taken back at least, but not from getting promoted to Lt Col....

See the pink list for more details...

Santa_Sunday said:
......being convicted as a Drunk Driver will stop you from getting your LS&GC - or have it taken back at least, but not from getting promoted to Lt Col....
Isn't that a key feature of the Rehabilitation of offenders act though? Once you've done your time like a man, you are allowed to carry on from where you were. If promotion eligibility was cancelled based on a spent conviction then the MOD would get its ass kicked in court. LS&GC doesn't follow those rules - it's up to some shady arbitration panel (probably a clerk in the medals office who enjoys having a laugh at regimental conduct sheets)

Although it can´t stop promotion, i´d imagine it would prevent him being a CO of a regiment.

Yoou can hardly punish a bloke for DD if you yourself were a convicted knob head (of the same offence).

Prey tell more.

As its is LS&GC its not going to be a DE officer is it. Chances are this is the LE list and I think I know the one you mean, top bloke as it goes.

Its great having an ivory tower to sit in, though a day out is recommended.

It does smack of silliness diesb´t it PD. Bit like his mrs claiming he will volunteer for "dangerous" jobs. I thought he was a peace envoy not a TA Tom in a fire team.

chocolate_frog said:
Although it can´t stop promotion, i´d imagine it would prevent him being a CO of a regiment.

Yoou can hardly punish a bloke for DD if you yourself were a convicted knob head (of the same offence).

Prey tell more.
Who's the 'knob head'.....??

Latest Threads