So, you want to work for Capita Army Recuiting.

Chap here in HR was looking for a change so he sent of to Capita Army Rec. to see what they have in the way of jobs.

He has received an information pack and it makes interesting reading.

To be an Applicant Support Manager, you need 1 GCSE.

They class ACF/CCF/ATC as Military experience and this would be given preferential consideration.

A foreign language would be an advantage! (presumably Fijian or street talk, innit).

Foreign nationals outside the UK/EU would be considered.

Nice to see such high standards for a Managers position. Would hate to think what a pleb would require.

I don't think its ever been a job that requires rocket scientist levels of qualifications.

'Here's a choccy biccie and a cup of tea, fancy joining the army, son?' 'Yeah, alright.'

Its progressed a bit since then I suppose, changing the biscuit to a DVD of a bloke windsurfing and going out on the piss but its pretty much the same.

Capita take fucking uselessness to a new level though, so I'm not surprised all they needed was someone who went to school briefly.

Hardly any different previously was it? Call center representing dozens of companies, staff forgetting who they were supposed to be today etc

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Hardly any different previously was it? Call center representing dozens of companies, staff forgetting who they were supposed to be today etc

I never once spoke to a call centre and found the staff to be excellent at what they did and felt they genuinely did as much as they could to help.

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
Whats the pay?

Chap here in HR was looking for a change so he sent of to Capita Army Rec. to see what they have in the way of jobs.

He has received an information pack and it makes interesting reading.

To be an Applicant Support Manager, you need 1 GCSE.

They class ACF/CCF/ATC as Military experience and this would be given preferential consideration.

A foreign language would be an advantage! (presumably Fijian or street talk, innit).

Foreign nationals outside the UK/EU would be considered.

Nice to see such high standards for a Managers position. Would hate to think what a pleb would require.
I looked in their careers section. Ideally they want an ex-Army Recruiter. That'll explain the qualification levels.

@DieHard - It's a long commute to Wiltshire...

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
I looked in their careers section. Ideally they want an ex-Army Recruiter. That'll explain the qualification levels.

@DieHard - It's a long commute to Wiltshire...
Too true.. :)

I don't think its ever been a job that requires rocket scientist levels of qualifications.

'Here's a choccy biccie and a cup of tea, fancy joining the army, son?' 'Yeah, alright.'

Its progressed a bit since then I suppose, changing the biscuit to a DVD of a bloke windsurfing and going out on the piss but its pretty much the same.

Capita take fucking uselessness to a new level though, so I'm not surprised all they needed was someone who went to school briefly.
All we need is a bloke who can sneak a shilling into the bottom of your pint pot and if that don't work wait outside and whack you over the head with a club and drag you away to the waiting pressgang van.

All we need is a bloke who can sneak a shilling into the bottom of your pint pot and if that don't work wait outside and whack you over the head with a club and drag you away to the waiting pressgang van.
What an excellent idea, has no one thought of that before?

Latest Threads