So, you thought that drinking Carling was cool?

Something like this?

Wrong.

It's official: Carling is as weak as piss:

Carling lager is 'weaker than advertised', firm says in court - BBC News

"The alcohol content of Carling - one of the most popular lagers in the UK - is weaker than advertised, it has emerged.

Carling advertises the lager as 4% alcohol by volume (ABV) but it has been brewed at 3.7% since 2012, its US owners Molson Coors have said.

ABV was reduced in order to cut tax on Carling products, the firm said during a hearing brought by HMRC. . . "

And, in response to valid observations from independent observers:

I think this is worthy of its own thread so we can all go weapons free on these purveyors of piss.

If nothing else it'll allow us to point and laugh at those who admit to drinking that pisswater.
Erudite comment, there.

Now, who is brave (or foolhardy enough) to raise their head above the parapet and admit to drinking this poodle piss?

I know one:

Anyway, have at it, you 'Mine's a Carling, treacle' Basildon gaylords.

Avoid their cider too, its vile.

Quite a few beers and lagers have reduced their strength over the last few years due to the tax levels.
Is it still marked at the higher % on the can though?

That has to be illegal?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
That doesn't make much sense they are advertising it at 4% but brewing it at 3.7% to avoid tax? I'd have thought the tax man would have taxed them at 4% if that's what hey are selling it at.

It also says most other British beers have been doing the same thing. I always snigger when the comment about American beer being like gnat's pee comes up as there beer, on average, is quite higher.
UK beer is, on average, 4.1 percent (although Carling and others drag that down) whilst the average US beer is 4.6 percent (ABV).
OK, American beer may taste like pish but it's stronger than ours. Best stick to craft beers.
Here in Spain it's around 5 percent which is the same as Germany (yes, you can actually get a 16% strength one in Germany but I'm talking averages).

Something like this?

Wrong.

It's official: Carling is as weak as piss:

Carling lager is 'weaker than advertised', firm says in court - BBC News

"The alcohol content of Carling - one of the most popular lagers in the UK - is weaker than advertised, it has emerged.

Carling advertises the lager as 4% alcohol by volume (ABV) but it has been brewed at 3.7% since 2012, its US owners Molson Coors have said.

ABV was reduced in order to cut tax on Carling products, the firm said during a hearing brought by HMRC. . . "

And, in response to valid observations from independent observers:

Erudite comment, there.

Now, who is brave (or foolhardy enough) to raise their head above the parapet and admit to drinking this poodle piss?

I know one:

Anyway, have at it, you 'Mine's a Carling, treacle' Basildon gaylords.
I don't really see the fuss, at 3.7% or 4% it's still a fucking girls drink. How do people manage to get drunk from that shite?

When I lived in the land of proper ales 4.0% was too much for a "sesh". So Mild was a good option at around 3,2% but very full fat on the calories. Rave on Joseph Holt. Rave on.

Apparently they've been hiding in plain sight for decades, passing it off as beer.
It might of been hiding in plain sight, but I think most people caught on fairly quickly. I'd sooner drink my own urine (not least because it probably has a higher ABV content).

Dreadful stuff, and I spent year and a half drinking Bintang.

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
My holy grail - available from most of the main supermarkets. Pricey, but only a problem if you're poor and smell of biscuits and charity shops.

4eace21a6eda9aebb9ca6c8a9b44aa79--warsteiner-beer-cheap-beer.jpg

It also says most other British beers have been doing the same thing. I always snigger when the comment about American beer being like gnat's pee comes up as there beer, on average, is quite higher.
UK beer is, on average, 4.1 percent (although Carling and others drag that down) whilst the average US beer is 4.6 percent (ABV).
OK, American beer may taste like pish but it's stronger than ours. Best stick to craft beers.
Here in Spain it's around 5 percent which is the same as Germany (yes, you can actually get a 16% strength one in Germany but I'm talking averages).
What the unholy stinking fuck is "craft beer?"