So you go to the dump, and come back with stuff

Our tip has CCTV all over it seen a brand new Scott hybrid bike in the container did stop to think about blagging it, I have robbed the odd tool/gas bottle etc, What get chucked is eye watering but at least the bikes/furniture get sent to local charities and the electric stuff get collected by a firm near by which recycles it all.

My cousins mate worked at one of the local tips but got the sack after him and his mates were taking stuff that still worked and were flogging it on.

Was visiting my sister in law in Durham a while ago, and running a Transit she asked us to take some old radiators to the tip. Was stopped by the duty Stasi who, seeing the van, rejected it as commercial waste. I said "ok, I'll just fly tip it in the lay by down the road" to which the reply was "fine, but you're not dumping it here".
Just to clarify, I left it all in the van until we were home in Scotland, where the local tip operatives helped me unload it!

Was visiting my sister in law in Durham a while ago, and running a Transit she asked us to take some old radiators to the tip. Was stopped by the duty Stasi who, seeing the van, rejected it as commercial waste. I said "ok, I'll just fly tip it in the lay by down the road" to which the reply was "fine, but you're not dumping it here".
Just to clarify, I left it all in the van until we were home in Scotland, where the local tip operatives helped me unload it!

The Pity Me dump was it ?

Shower of shite.

There is a dit about some dockyard workers in Guzz who were pulling an awesome scam.

These lads worked in the fabrication shop and had access to tools and pretty much all the metal they wanted.

For years one of them would drive out the yard every night, towing a trailer.

Convinced that they were on the rob, Security would search them every night, but never found anything.

Of course they were stealing trailers. However the twist in this story is that these lads were knocking the trailers up themselves, during work hours, using work tools and materials.
Version of the dit I heard was they were nicking wheelbarrows.
”fleet dit”.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Version of the dit I heard was they were nicking wheelbarrows.
”fleet dit”.
Did you ever see the bloke in Stonehouse car boot sale?

He was there every weekend with his stall of pusser’s cleaning gear, bin liners, mops, buckets, even the occasional Henry Hoover with a freshly installed 240v domestic plug.

Bloke got away with it for years and literally on the doorstep of the dockyard.

Did you ever see the bloke in Stonehouse car boot sale?

He was there every weekend with his stall of pusser’s cleaning gear, bin liners, mops, buckets, even the occasional Henry Hoover with a freshly installed 240v domestic plug.

Bloke got away with it for years and literally on the doorstep of the dockyard.
Did he have the SA80 that was nicked by a bootneck circa '99?

this is a good way to get rid of things (apart from the occasional time waster): Freegle - Don't throw it away, give it away!
We sponsor these good people and they also seem to have decent cafes, staffed by people making an effort to change their lives without stabbing, robbing or hurting people. (jesus, I feel like a saint typing that!! p.s. I'm not)

Kirkz

LE
Our local lot make it impossible for son who lives up north to come down and attack my - fairly extensive - shrubbery. To get into the garden waste bit (where they make a big song and dance about turning it all into compost which can then be bought quite cheaply), you’re supposed to apply for a permit for your vehicle.

But you have to show the V5 to prove the vehicle is registered at a local address. My Volvo doesn’t have a tow bar; his Disco does. He also has a substantial trailer which he built himself, BUT … it has twin axles. That makes him and it Evil, Bad and Not Allowed.

Last time, in the pouring rain, we ended up appealing to a local scrappy who really doesn’t do garden stuff – he agreed to help as son was in Hi-Viz and riggers and on condition we first went to Lidl’s next door and topped up their brew kit.

There was a previous occasion when, driving an Audi and with a smaller but heavily-laden trailer (and before they introduced the number-plate thing) the bloke wouldn’t let him in because he said it was ’a commercial amount of shrubbery’ and therefore son had to be a tradesman. Imago Junior thought to disprove this by waving his MOD90 at him – which elicited the response ‘That’s fake’.

I’m paying £2,000+ council tax for this nonsense.
My trailer has twin axles, I just remove two wheels and use it.

Kirkz

LE
Our council now want to limit you to one tip run a week per household, using ANPR
Most households have two or more cars so that shouldn't be an issue.

miner69er

Old-Salt
Chatting to a guy in NationaL Trust who gave the following warning. Dont leave garden rubbish in the van overnight. He related a tale about a guy who chopped down some spanish laurel and left it in the van over the weekend. Monday morning jumps in the van and keels over dead. Apparently the cuttings give off cyanide.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Not a skip or dump as such bit that is where it would've ended. My local pub, @Kirkz knows the one, is due for a refit and the staff were getting ready to chuck a load of pub merchandising. I was in having a few pints and managed to tell them that they could get good money for some of the stuff and agreed with them to chuck it on eBay for them. One of them was this, sold for £140:-
s-l1600[1].jpg

Among the collection of "tat" are several metal stamped sheets for spirits and beers, along with various bits'n'bobs from different promotions.
I've stated that all the money made will go to the pub charity, which this year is to send one of the old boys who fought in WW2 to Normandy for Remembrance Day, so a good cause in all.

Chatting to a guy in NationaL Trust who gave the following warning. Dont leave garden rubbish in the van overnight. He related a tale about a guy who chopped down some spanish laurel and left it in the van over the weekend. Monday morning jumps in the van and keels over dead. Apparently the cuttings give off cyanide.
I would never leave garden rubbish in my van overnight, simply because of the hamster-sized spiders that would be crawling all over the place the next morning

Latest Threads