So will Gordon Brown be at Wootton Bassett today?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Semper_Flexibilis, Jul 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i hope not

2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

No, of course not.

3. I think after all the time he has spent avoiding doing anything remotely appropriate nobody would be impressed if he did turn up now. He certainly wouldn't be turning up because he cares.

4. Even if he did turn up I doubt he would be welcomed by the ordinary member of the public, he is more interested in boosting his profile and rubbing shoulders with state leaders rather than doing what he should be doing...

SHOWING SOME FU*KING RESPECT TO THE BRAVE SOULS THAT HAVE PAID THE ULTIMATE PRICE FOR THEIR COUNTRY.

RIP Boys "Arte et Marte"

5. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Has he ever been to a repatriation? Not sure he has, but happy to be corrected......

6. I certainly hope not. Perhaps I am being a tad cynical but might this cosy chat have something to do with the black stuff - and I dont mean Guiness.

7. Who wants that cnut there anyway, unless someone has the key to amoury and some buckshee ammo

8. I hate to be pedantic but there are two 't' in both Wootton and Bassett.

(sorry - just can't bear to post anything about that t*sser Brown)

9. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Will Gordon Brown be at Wooton Bassett today?

WOOOOOOOHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........stop, stop. I can't take it - such comedy that the Cyclopsian tw@t would even care.

10. To be honest I would imagine a Prime Minister would have too busy a schedule to be present at every repatriation of a soldier.

I am utterly outraged though if that pleases you.

11. Oddly enough, both him and B'Liar have seemed to have been permanenlty 'too busy' since 2001.

12. Of course he wont be there, that would take courage, something he has ghost-written a book about (I think he may have written one page), but knows nothing about.

The guys who are being returned home today know everything about courage and service.

Gordon Brown would rather shake hands with other unelected dictators than be concerned by events he and his government have caused. There is always money in the budget to move him and his entourage to these fancy meetings, but never enough to equip our troops properly.

13. Why should Brown the Clown show up at Wootton Bassett? He's been arsing around at No 10 for yonks now, but never saw fit to visit either Headley Court or Selly Oak. The fückin' useless wänker!

MsG

14. No politicians are invited to any repatriation ceremony. The ceremony is for the Military to bring home those who have fallen, relatives are, of course, invited but they are not given a say in the format.

Gordon Brown would be the last person on earth I would want at a repatriation ceremony anyway.