So why does the corps ASM wear a blue hat

Discussion in 'REME' started by warpdriveengaged, May 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. well as he is supposed to represent our whole corps,.......why?

oh dont tell me he earned the right....hehehehehehe
  2. so what do you suggest a bit aof dark blue here, powder blue there, for those of us attached to guard a bit of khaki, or maybe just mix them all into a corp wide new beret colour. the whole corp dosn't wear dark blue old boy
  3. Correct word used there. Attached !!

Is the Corps ASM attached to an AAC unit? As a quick hint, the answer you are looking for here is ‘NO’.

As we have now established that he is not attached to an AAC unit why is he still wearing their colour beret?
  4. Lots of aviation wallahs do it, just like to be a bit different don't they?
    Same as Airborne/Cdo chaps at SEME, they wear it to stand out and advertise their greatness :roll:
  5. hey thanx nige and max for a bit of support

i am attached (and wear their shite) but the corps is the corps
  6. Maybe you could ask the Corps ASM next time you see him.
  7. I totally agree with warpdriveengaged. The default setting for berets in the supREME corps is dark blue. Therefor, as he has no legitimate reason for wearing anything else, that is what he should have on!!

Being the Corps ASM means more than having a WO1 sticker on your arm and wearing a REME capbadge. He shouldn't be allowed to wear a AAC beret just because he wants to.

NOTE: I said an AAC beret, cos that's what it is... NOT a REME beret!!
  8. right then warpdriveengaged.
    when we are issued with are blue berets which we DO earn, (and you haven't got a clue how we do), we hand in our forage caps in the first instance to get our first blue beret, and after our blue beret parade our dark blue berets are handed in for...... wait for it...... another blue beret i'm sure asm howell would allow you to check his 1157, but being a bitter and twisted ******** like yourself i'm sure you wouldn't lower yourself to speaking to those of us with the ******* common dog to actually be able to work on aircraft.
    if you would read the craftsman once and a while (if you can read), you would see that on corps orders, asm howell's ceg is artificer aircraft, they are REQUIRED to where the blue beret, even if he is the corp asm.
  9. Easy Now! you'll do yourself a mischief :D
  10. Does anyone have access to a copy of Mat Regs or the REME Corps Order that requires Art Aircraft (or any aircraft trade) to wear an Army Air Corps light-blue beret once they are no longer attached to the Army Air Corps?

Entertaining as it is - until such time as someone comes up with a definitive answer this will continue to be a p1ssing competition.
  11. alright blackhand i underststand why you modified my post, taking out the swearing and i'm glad you deleted warpdrive engaged's post.

i would just like to ask warp drive engaged;

if the corp asm happened to be para or commando qualified,
    was 18 stone of muscle and built built like vin diesel on steroids,
    would you be then complaining that he wasn't wearing the default blue colour or should your original post have been ' why is the corp asm an air tech'
  12. no my question remains the same

ps i was just wandering if you really clever people have fixed the apache yet?

roll on the new corps asm....GODS TRADE
  13. So you earn your blue beret eh schwenn? I think perhaps you are overestimating your own importance a bit. Everyone earns their trade quals not just Aircraft Trades.

It matters not a jot what trade you are, if you are attached to AAC units you wear a light blue beret. Even people who would rather not have to. I also know Art A/C who do not wear the light blue beret, even when working at trade (Try those attached to RA UAV btys for one.)

If the Corps ASM ws a Para/Commando, he would wear a midnight blue beret, just like the old Corps RSM who was para trrained.
  14. I don't think it's hard is it? Folk who cut around in respective colour berets (mostly para) do it because they wish they could do it full time... for example how many in Bordon or Arborfield could do it full time? Not many I suspect if any. The truth is if they want to be in that special corps or indeed special forces so don't cheat or take the easy option on your tiffy course and do some hard work and you too could arrive in kosovo or Basra a day or two later and take credit for all hard work while cameras are rolling.

Seen it happen on many occasions.......wouldn't ave appened in the grunts....wouldn't ave made full screw in the grunts fella!!!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.