So why do we have Police again?

#1
#3
To torture law abiding car owners,dust bin owners,social drinkers, tax payers, law abicding protesters, and any one who does not agree with the police state. Crime fighting is no longer a priority
 
#5
I'm confused. Is he saying that anti-social behaviour is not crime or that crime is not the police's business?
 

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
#6
tropper66 said:
To torture law abiding car owners,dust bin owners,social drinkers, tax payers, law abicding protesters, and any one who does not agree with the police state. Crime fighting is no longer a priority
What he said.
 
#7
The's a part time PSNI station in the town where I live that is meant to serve the entire length of the Newtownards Peninsula ( the main nick being Newtownards) down to Portaferry,some 30 miles away at the other end.
The only time you see any cops in the town is at shift change,certainly not on Friday/Saturday nights in the town when the pubs kick out.
 
#8
Oh yer, they turn out in droves when there is a rugby match in town but the Welsh Rugby Union pay them a few million for that honour
 
#9
I listened to an interesting article on the radio about a month ago when a member of the Police Federation stated that it was not the role of the Police to prevent crime and detect offenders but rather to keep order and maintain the Queen's Peace.

Discuss
 
#10
It made me sad reading about that woman, to be driven to such a measure is indicative of how bad it actually is in some areas, but you have to admit, co-ercing a spacker to 'lift her nightie up' is up there with knock a door run and theiving bottles of milk off doorsteps..
 
#11
Wonder what would happen if you engaged in "low level harassment" of a MP or councillor or senior police officer?

Locked up within a week, no bail, I reckon.
 
#12
At the inquest into the pair's deaths yesterday, Superintendent Steve Harrod, head of criminal justice at Leicestershire Police, acknowledged that the criminal justice system was set up to avoid sending juveniles to prison.

He said police officers were only allowed to issue warnings to young troublemakers unless their behaviour was judged to be serious.

"I'm not sure if people know but low-level anti-social behaviour is mainly the responsibility of the council"

Supt Harrod suggested that officers got "frustrated with not being able to do some things".



Selective quotation from Western as usual.....the police officer in question is clealry as frustrated by our lack of powers as I am... but managing council housing stock and evicting council tennants who can't live with their neighbours is clearly never going to be a police job.

Trotsky
 
#13
Questioning Mick Connell, director of adult services at the county council, Ms Davison, asked whether the deaths could have been prevented by a social worker taking the time to sit down with the family and listen to their problems.
Ms Davison said: ''If somebody had sat this woman (Ms Pilkington) down with a cup of tea they could have perhaps helped her."

Now if the Police say its the councils responsibility. Then why would a cup of tea and a chat stop the locals bullies in their tracks.

Should this Director resign or have a look at just what her staff are missing.
 
#14
reni_77 said:
It made me sad reading about that woman, to be driven to such a measure is indicative of how bad it actually is in some areas, but you have to admit, co-ercing a spacker to 'lift her nightie up' is up there with knock a door run and theiving bottles of milk off doorsteps..
not everyday for months/years on end. if it was your daughter? or is it ok because she was disabled? doesn't matter now though does it? they are both dead. only a harmless bit of fun. :roll:

discuss?

was gonna suggest your user name should be 'benni' 77, but i'd lose the moral high ground :wink:
 
#15
MrPVRd said:
Wonder what would happen if you engaged in "low level harassment" of a MP or councillor or senior police officer?

Locked up within a week, no bail, I reckon.
Look at what happened when those MP's deserted the other month,Plod in droves outside MP's homes protecting them.
(Was'nt someone charged with harrasing Harriet Harmon or a n other?)
 
#16
I don't think it helps either when you have three services CPOs, PCSOs and the Police all doing their own thing and I think this is where problems in communication can begin.

"The review found there were a number of failings including a failure by the County Council, Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council and Leicestershire Police to share information about the family, their disabilities and the abuse they were receiving from the gang – some as young as 10."

I don't see why you have CPOs and PCSOs doing the low level stuff, supposedly freeing up the Police to concentrate on more serious crime when you could just recruit more Police Officers who actually have powers other than issuing fixed penalty notices and cover all crime because at the end of the day if the CPOs and PCSOs have a problem they have to send a call out for the Police anyways.
 
#17
theslayerofmen said:
reni_77 said:
It made me sad reading about that woman, to be driven to such a measure is indicative of how bad it actually is in some areas, but you have to admit, co-ercing a spacker to 'lift her nightie up' is up there with knock a door run and theiving bottles of milk off doorsteps..
not everyday for months/years on end. if it was your daughter? or is it ok because she was disabled? doesn't matter now though does it? they are both dead. only a harmless bit of fun. :roll:

discuss?

was gonna suggest your user name should be 'benni' 77, but i'd lose the moral high ground :wink:
With respect, I was being serious, it was and is a heartbreaking story, if it was someone close to me I would deal with it accordingly but there is no greater pleasure on earth than tapping into the carnal instinct of a mentally deficient attic dweller, my friend is a lecturer in public services, he spends most of his brew break winding up a lad who rubs his own crotch when you make a noise like a bee, you cant buy that x
 
#18
western said:
I listened to an interesting article on the radio about a month ago when a member of the Police Federation stated that it was not the role of the Police to prevent crime and detect offenders but rather to keep order and maintain the Queen's Peace.

Discuss
I've heard that from other sources as well. If they argue that route, well I would say that the Queen's Peace was not being maintained in this area. By inaction they allowed a gang of children to disrupt the Peace and undermine the authority of the Police who allowed it to happen.

Also mentioned was damage to family property. Surely that is criminal damage, so at the very least even if the police are determined not to help people, they have something on the kids there.
 
#19
PCSO's?

Probably the most useless twunts that walk our streets. We have two that 'patrol' my area, they only walk around in daylight, keep to open and well walked by the general public routes and practically hold hands. It's like watching to small nervous children walking past.
 
#20
I think much of the problem is that the criminal justice system is now about a tenth of the size it needs to be given the collapse in traditional social disciplines.

By way of example, in today's Daily Mail there is yet another article about binge drinking effects & drunk & disorderly behaviour ( Mail article ). I remember that when I turned 18 and started going to pubs, my local regional town centre was fairly rigorously policed - any act of weekend D&D behaviour was pounced on by the cops, resulting in an arrest and an appearance in front of the magistrates on the Monday. Nowadays, in that same town centre, you can witness hundreds of such incidents on any weekend evening - almost none of which result in Police action of any kind. Clearly no way that the existing justice system can control mass misbehaviour, so it no longer bothers to try to enforce the law in most cases....
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top