So why do we have Police again?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Semper_Flexibilis, Sep 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We only have the stasi to harass the general public.No bliddy use for anything else.

2. To torture law abiding car owners,dust bin owners,social drinkers, tax payers, law abicding protesters, and any one who does not agree with the police state. Crime fighting is no longer a priority

3. I'd agree with that.

4. I'm confused. Is he saying that anti-social behaviour is not crime or that crime is not the police's business?

5. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

What he said.

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

The's a part time PSNI station in the town where I live that is meant to serve the entire length of the Newtownards Peninsula ( the main nick being Newtownards) down to Portaferry,some 30 miles away at the other end.
    The only time you see any cops in the town is at shift change,certainly not on Friday/Saturday nights in the town when the pubs kick out.

7. Oh yer, they turn out in droves when there is a rugby match in town but the Welsh Rugby Union pay them a few million for that honour

8. I listened to an interesting article on the radio about a month ago when a member of the Police Federation stated that it was not the role of the Police to prevent crime and detect offenders but rather to keep order and maintain the Queen's Peace.

Discuss

9. It made me sad reading about that woman, to be driven to such a measure is indicative of how bad it actually is in some areas, but you have to admit, co-ercing a spacker to 'lift her nightie up' is up there with knock a door run and theiving bottles of milk off doorsteps..

10. Wonder what would happen if you engaged in "low level harassment" of a MP or councillor or senior police officer?

Locked up within a week, no bail, I reckon.

11. At the inquest into the pair's deaths yesterday, Superintendent Steve Harrod, head of criminal justice at Leicestershire Police, acknowledged that the criminal justice system was set up to avoid sending juveniles to prison.

He said police officers were only allowed to issue warnings to young troublemakers unless their behaviour was judged to be serious.

"I'm not sure if people know but low-level anti-social behaviour is mainly the responsibility of the council"

Supt Harrod suggested that officers got "frustrated with not being able to do some things".

Selective quotation from Western as usual.....the police officer in question is clealry as frustrated by our lack of powers as I am... but managing council housing stock and evicting council tennants who can't live with their neighbours is clearly never going to be a police job.

Trotsky

12. Now if the Police say its the councils responsibility. Then why would a cup of tea and a chat stop the locals bullies in their tracks.

Should this Director resign or have a look at just what her staff are missing.

13. not everyday for months/years on end. if it was your daughter? or is it ok because she was disabled? doesn't matter now though does it? they are both dead. only a harmless bit of fun. :roll:

discuss?

was gonna suggest your user name should be 'benni' 77, but i'd lose the moral high ground :wink:

14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Look at what happened when those MP's deserted the other month,Plod in droves outside MP's homes protecting them.
    (Was'nt someone charged with harrasing Harriet Harmon or a n other?)