So why aren't we all dead yet?

BBC News - Handwashing: Why are the British so bad at washing their hands?

If this many bacteria are so super dangerous, why aren't we all dead already? I think the fact we are all still alive suggests we are just being told whats good for us by people trying to justify their position spunking public money and avoiding real work.

Personally, I'm convinced the "got to disinfect everything" mentallity is responsible for so many asthamtic (and similar) kids

www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/prof/lung/asthma/asthstat.pdf

AND, adverts telling us to clean this, wash that, disinfect the other so we dont eat bugs, then Danone tell us to eat whizzo yoghurt with bugs in to make us healthy

AND, while I'm in the frame of mind, "eat fresh fruit and veg, it's good for you", followed by "oooh, all this fresh fruit, it's fucking your teeth up, by this toothpaste with concrete in it"

Bunch of fuckers? Or am I just just a miserable twat?

Discuss

Somedays you just need to have a proper go at life, don't you?

I of course was dead for several years, but as I worked for the government, nobody noticed.

I of course was dead for several years, but as I worked for the government, nobody noticed.
I counted the coins in my pocket, then straight away made a sandwich. Living on the edge I am - none of this plummeting out of a space going balloon gayness for me

Entirely plausible. I spent three years in a particular govt agency's ' Research & Analysis' Dept - used to come home very refreshed at tea time most nights after a couple of hours of sleep under my desk every day.

Because we have built an immune system, unlike all these anti germ freaks who spend their lives ill because they are obsessed with cleanliness.

Tits, Fannies, Anal Sex.

Because we have built an immune system, unlike all these anti germ freaks who spend their lives ill because they are obsessed with cleanliness.

Tits, Fannies, Anal Sex.
Fucking in one. The only hand washing rule I really enforced with the kids was "at dinner/tea time, no more than five shades difference on the dulux colour scale between elbow and hand".

Healthy as fuck, except for periodic nits during term time, and ticks if they've been rolling in the wrong bit of the garden

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'm sort of torn on this one.

On the one hand, a small company in which I have an interest makes a fucking fortune flogging snake-oil pills.You know the score...

Pro-Bioctive For Men. Keep it up, Keep your hair. Drive a BMW in 2 weeks or your money back.
Pro-Bioctive For Women. No more period pains, bigger tits, better sex but your Mum will never suspect. Learn to park a car within 3 days or your money back.
Pro-Bioctive For Kids. Your drooling ginger spaz will end up Prime Minister after a successful career as a brain surgeon or your money back.
Pro-Bioctive For Welsh. Find new uses for sheep. Like meat and wool.
Etc.

The other half of me says that bacteria build your immune system. As a younger man in sandy places the first to drop were the Swiss. Closely followed by the Septics and Scowegians.

The French, Brits and Eyeties mostly breezed through because we were filthy dirty cunts and thus immune to filthy foreign germs.

I don't mind eating with grubby hands from grafting or whatever, but theres no excuse for scruffy cunts who don't wash their hands after going for a shit/piss/wank in an office environment.

A good friend of mine back home grew up with a Matron as a mother. He was a dettol baby and now if so much as a waft of breeze from the general direction of a polished dog turd comes his way, he is laid up for months. Shite immune system see.

As its the NAAFI....he's a hermer so it could just be AIDS.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
theres no excuse for scruffy cunts who don't wash their hands after going for a shit/piss/wank.
So if you are doing the wild thing and you jam your finger up her starfish, are you supposed to wash it first? Or after? Or both?

What is your take on snowballs? And Frottaging - Does one wash ones mouth out with soapy water after frottaging? Or before?

I don't mind eating with grubby hands from grafting or whatever, but theres no excuse for scruffy cunts who don't wash their hands after going for a shit/piss/wank in an office environment.
Wipe arse, fasten trousers

Turn tap on, wash hands, turn tap off - recontaminate

Adjust your belt 10 minutes later - recontaminate

So if you are doing the wild thing and you jam your finger up her starfish, are you supposed to wash it first? Or after? Or both?

What is your take on snowballs? And Frottaging - Does one wash ones mouth out with soapy water after frottaging? Or before?
That got me when Long Haired Sunray was pregnant/had given birth.

Have to sterilise this speculum, it's going up her - I have never once dangled my lash in boiling water or disinfectant

Have to sterilize feeding bottles etc - though I still haven't seen anyone sterilize is a tit.

Wash, yes, sterilise? Never

Wipe arse, fasten trousers

Turn tap on, wash hands, turn tap off - recontaminate

Adjust your belt 10 minutes later - recontaminate
Thats why public loos install them 'comedy' taps. push button, wet hands, soap, push button wash/rinse...tap turns itself off. Handryer.

Never happens that way does it?

Thats why commercial kitchens use blueroll. You leave the tap running until you've dried your hands, use the roll to turn off tap. Dispose.

Seriously though, its a sensible question. We are now so brainwashed into total sanitary cleansing that we dont realise that our natural immune systems are being weakened by it. Bodies are meant to be exposed to certain organsims so that our defences can build up an immunity - nowadays people are laid low by bugs that a generation ago wouldn't have merited a day off work. Superbugs are pretty much the result of this and it can only get worse.
Not in our house. Dirt without taking the piss, though not actively introduced, is certainly tolerated. It took me a while to convert Long Haired Sunray, but she's see the difference between our Ebola proof offspring and a school full of Sicky Nicky's.

Army Health - we rule. Strength through Filth

You have a valid point Duke, I'm certainly no stranger to the "bowling ball" technique as well as getting a mouth full of soggy minge at regular intervals.

Latest Threads