So who was it then?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Contrarian, Sep 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm talking about the traffic accident, today, on the M5 roundabout at West Bromwich, that involved a white DAF articulated lorry, a wrecked chavved up blue Vauxhall Corsa (big bore exhaust of course) and two sheepish looking RLC squaddies? Did the scene necessitate a van full of plod to attend? Mind, the the chav's face was picture. I should have got pictures really.

2. What were the RLC chaps in? You imply they can create traffic accidents even when they're not in a vehicle...yeah it's believable actually.

3. You haven't met many RLC soldiers, have you?

Accidents waiting to happen....

Allegedly! :twisted:

Litotes

4. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I am not entirely convinced that anyone gives a rats about what happened today on the M5 roundabout at West Bromwich. Except Brummies. And they dont count.

But should I ever bump into the grinning RLC twunt in one of them big recovery things, towing a front end shunted Landy back from Otterburn, who nearly put me into the Armcor barrier at the Newcastle airport roundabout about a week ago?

You are getting nutted. I had me Mam in the car.

5. No damage I hope?

6. TheIronDuke

Please. Me Mam is ex WRENS. If I had said the word, she would have done the 20 ton recovery vehicle, the two grinning twunts in it then she would have come back for the battered Landy.

My fear was not for my motor. It was for the damage me Mam would have done to two guys who are the power behind the Army. You know?

7. What happened then? She wake up to find your face buried in her lady garden?

8. TheIronDuke

Did you just call my Mams geraniums a puff?

9. Erm, maybe? Say again please, I think your message was scrambled during transmission.

10. Have to leap to the defence of The Corps here....

If they were driving a wrecker they were REME (Recovery Mechanics) not RLC Drivers.

11. There's a difference then...

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Trained and amateur! Make your own mind up! :wink:

13. And if they were driving a white DAF articulated lorry?

14. Yeah - they are as different as Infantrymen and Rockapes :wink:

15. Sod taking the p1ss out of the RLC, should be praising them for taking another boy racing chav off the road!! :clap: