So who wants all the pie eaters than

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by old_bloke, Jan 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Army ready for heavyweight soldiers

The Ministry of Defence has decided weight limits designed to screen out fat and unfit applicants are also excluding some of the strongest candidates

They have to be to carry all that lard around.

However, there is a recognition that brute strength can be useful for tasks such as carrying artillery for extended periods, and building bridges.

I thought the 105 was underslung, not carried on the backs of the Gun bunnies.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=373502&in_page_id=1770

3. Somone who I had a BMI of about 30, 2 above the previous standard, completed cambrian patrol in a team that achieved silver. As long as they can pass the BPFA and CFT etc why shouldn't we have a use for them? He's a rugby player, they often have high BMIs but are still fit and strong

4. If only that were true.

5. I saw a (white) Fijian lad when I was working on Satisfied Soldier who had been told to lose two stone before he joined. The lad didn't have an ounce of fat on him, he did have arms the size of my thighs and a chest of roughly the same proportion as a cart horse though.

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Had a civvy work medical once and the quack told me not to be bothered by all the BMI rubbish. He told me of a Samoan rugby player that he couldnt pass on the BMI system so he lied. The bloke was roughly 3 Bricksh1thouses wide and carried very little fat. A true second row of about 5 foot 11 and 20 stone. Could benchpress 350lbs for about 25 minutes without strain. He was given a job based on his rugby skills so the physical was a waste of space really!

7. theres a diffrence between the huge brickshithouse bloke whose fit as fuck and the lard eater just put them through a bft can't pass your unfit can pass your in.
    normally the bfi is a good indicator that your fat but its only an indicator. if you have a high bmi don't play a lot of sport work in an office chances are you are a human pie machine.
    if you are physically active and big chances are your not made of lard

8. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

These day I am a considerable porker, however, when I was discharged from the regular army I was 6 feet tall and I had a 32 inch waist, a 48 inch chest and could do a BFT in a smidge over 9 minutes if I bothered putting any effort into it. My final medical had me listed as grossly overweight due to this stupid BMI calculation.

9. I heard it was the other way round , a 32 inch chest and a 48 inch waist line
    Even heard they called you wizbit after the cone shaped kids character from the 80's.

10. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

No, Wizbit is used for unconnected reasons and is related to the odd occasion when smoke and the smell of burning rubber emits from my crotch.

11. RLC Marchwood, surely they've got some hulls that need ballast. :wink:

13. On leaving i had a medical at my doctors. The nurse told me that according to the chart I was way way overweight! She then told me to not worry about it as it was obvious i was not fat just played a lot of rugby. However, that was over 5 years ago and I can't use the same excuses!!!!

The charts are balls. You know if your fat, your normally the one trying to believe that your just thick boned!!

OS

14. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Always found they were quick through the tunnels.
    Three blokes stuff the fat cnut inside then lob two or three thunderflashes behind him.
    If the tunnel is in the right direction they're great breaching tools.

15. Mind you, do you remember the horror of getting paired up with one of 'em on Battle PT 8O 8O

If you listened carefully you could actually hear your shin bones shearing on the fireman's lifts.