So who is 'working' from home?

As I am in an at risk group, sent home for 12 weeks, gonna be a boring 3 months, normally I go out and about in my free time, but all the local good museums are also closed, especially IWM Duxford :(
Xhamster it is then...

RigPig

War Hero
I am on afternoons this week, so mornings are my time. The Missus is now working from home, lots of phone calls and stuff, so not had a chance to give her a good seeing to, or find my favourite websites for a bit of self love.

I expect my factory to be closed next week for a while, so will be at home. No chance of me bring a CNC machine home. Even worse I’ll have to look after and try and home teach the daughter. She may have learnt a few choice words by the time she goes back to school. I won’t be teaching her some of the package they want us to teach. RE and how God created the world. Well I could but I think as it’s a church school they may get a bit upset when she says it’s bollocks.

RP.

I've repeatedly asked about working from home but as I work for Tesco they keep saying no despite all main office workers working from home.

Got a choice of shelf stacking or delivery driving.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I am
but only because the mechanic who was supposed to be servicing my car, forgot to actually unlock the fucking thing, test drive it and order the parts
it aint moved for 2 and a half days, the tracking device caught him out
meeting without coffee and he will now be avoiding me
on the upside the dog is getting plenty of exercise

Looks like I'm joining the shirt, tie and boxer shorts club from tomorrow.

One good tip is to know how to get subtitles up on your telly at short notice in case you get stuck in an online meeting for hours

Then at least you can still watch telly rather than face death by Powerpoint

1584640042514.gif

Had an online meeting today (Skype type) between My home, the office UK, Wales and several people’s WFH in Denmark.

It did not work out well. I had poor audio and terrible replies my end.

Wish I had a film on with subtitles now...

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
One good tip is to know how to get subtitles up on your telly at short notice in case you get stuck in an online meeting for hours

Pick up Sky Q remote, press pressle, say Subtitles. Jobbed.

I had tomorrow and Monday booked as holiday for a short trip away for a curling competition, which has obviously been cancelled. HR won’t let me unbook the holidays, so four days on the trot at home without even the distraction of work.

Most SV tech companies (among others) are throwing 2 to 3k USD at employees to buy whatever kit (monitors, desk, chair etc) they need to stay at home to make their atmosphere comfy for home working.

Was talking to an ex-colleague at my old London work place, they have sent most of the 3000 people who work there home, with just a skeleton staff manning some key functions.

I had tomorrow and Monday booked as holiday for a short trip away for a curling competition, which has obviously been cancelled. HR won’t let me unbook the holidays, so four days on the trot at home without even the distraction of work.
Have a vindaloo for dinner, and drink lots of Bass

Then you could still have a curling competition at home

Dr Death

Old-Salt
Phone consultations only unless you are bleeding, a lot or have a itch after a night out.
So nearly got rid of seeing patients then, oh and waiting for orders to move to the streets on the now fabled Operation CV19 - The Death Squadron, so if you see a jolly doc who is a bit condescending and calls you a typical army malingerer, its me!.

No sympathy, no cup of tea & definatley no comfort from the female nurses, male ones are available!

BopBopBop

War Hero
Fecking HR twats.
Sounds just like the police.

Hope you get them back when they want you to be a bit flexible.

Ditto

Was going to travel north to see my sister but she's in an at risk group and I've got a shitty cough....which I've had some time. Boxed sets it is.

Top tip is to turn off Google sync...or at least use it on a device without sync enabled.

Latest Threads