So who is 'working' from home?

I haven't worn trousers of any form or description for three days now because I know nobodies going to be knocking on my door so this self isolating lark isnt all bad

I've decided to grow a beard and moustache. Fuck all else to do. Well apart from wanking. Obviously.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
Sitting at home is not so boring. Although it seems to me that in one packet of rice there are 8757 grains but in the other 8687
Cinderella Walt. Did you go to the ball?

I'm working from home but will be doing H&S visits to sites as local management have chinned it off for the last few months in the hope it will be forgotten.
Most of those sites will be closed though so time to catch up on Netflix and see if my ancient X box still works

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
I haven't worn trousers of any form or description for three days now because I know nobodies going to be knocking on my door so this self isolating lark isnt all bad
Stop using all the 'Internet' up

theinventor

Old-Salt
Well so far today I've just logged on and moved the mouse around occasionally. I'm exhausted. Exhausted I tells ya!
You don't even need to do that, if you get one of these

Of course. Why not buy a keylogger masqerading as one of these devices and install it on your PC?

Seems legit.

cue failing business's closing up shop 'because of coronavirus' so they dont have to pay redundancy and get to claim a wad from the govt because it was a virus's fault

£21? Fuck that, I'd rather jiggle the mouse myself!
1584561375541.png

No, I definitely wouldn't buy one of those things. It would be wrong to do so...

Last edited:
Just got home from work at 15.30hrs to start 12 weeks working from home because I'm in an at risk group

I'm bored, I think I have the onset of cabin fever and want to go back to work
Adjust your thinking.....before you know it, you'll never want to go back

To anyone suddenly working from home, I'd suggest making sure you have a telly and hifi in your home office, and your own computer as well as any work supplied one

That way life can carry on without being interrupted by work too much
I may as well have The View on in my home office to simulate the gas bagging shouting idiots at work.

My wife's working from home now, does she do any housework? Does she bollocks! The lazy c4nt!

Blogg

LE
Our happy hoards working from home have access to email and "normal" stuff via secure internet connection.

Those who need to access core systems have to have VPN access set up.

Yeah no problem, set that up ages ago. All good, essential users identified and enabled

And discover that as a cost saving measure some genius decided that VPN accounts would get chopped if not used for 28 days.

And didn't tell anybody

daz

LE
Our happy hoards working from home have access to email and "normal" stuff via secure internet connection.

Those who need to access core systems have to have VPN access set up.

Yeah no problem, set that up ages ago. All good, essential users identified and enabled

And discover that as a cost saving measure some genius decided that VPN accounts would get chopped if not used for 28 days.

And didn't tell anybody
Ours changed all the user names and passwords over the weekend as a "security" measure, it definitely worked to secure the system, seeing as they failed to inform anyone as to the change and as to what their new user names and passwords were ….twats

Had my first luser on the phone this morning, trying to swing the lead. Claimed he couldn't do any work (from home) as his Start Menu was jiggered. I told him how to fix it, and I'd "keep an eye on it with TeamViewer for a few hours" in case any problems cropped up while he was working.

He sounded like he was about to cry.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Prep at home. Modern technology, brilliant. Into work, wave at oppo, disinfectant wipes, hand cleanser. all uber der platz.
But to save any of that, surgical gloves.
'Don't bother Skid I've got this'.

Handover, spot on time, everything running. 4 minutes past 7 'does a touch screen work with surgical gloves?'

Myself and everyone else waited to see. You could hear the sigh of relief when it did.
'You did try that at home didn't you'?
'Absolutely. I'm a pro'.
They laughed.

As I am in an at risk group, sent home for 12 weeks, gonna be a boring 3 months, normally I go out and about in my free time, but all the local good museums are also closed, especially IWM Duxford :(

Latest Threads